What screens do you use before playing a game and in a game

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

demyansk

What screens do you use before playing a game and in a game

Post by demyansk »

I have been playing this game for a few years now. I like the interface of this game and the ease of use (at least for me). However, I don't use all the bells and whistles in the game. I usually check the recent news, at times check the expected reinforcements and maybe one or two other things.

I rarely use all the other items in the game. However, I did click on the supply button and it came up with a bunch of numbers on the screen over different colors. I hardly use plan to attack button.

I was wondering what other player's use as far as battle management in the game.???? Or a link that has this explained already - thanks guys for reading - demy
shunwick

RE: What screens do you use before playing a game and in a game

Post by shunwick »

demjansk,

I tend to use most of them including the 3D display (you can't really play with 3D but I find it useful for helping me to visualize the terrain).

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I use the Recent News (it usually pops up automatically, but sometimes not), then check for Theater Options (even when there aren't any, I like to check, never know when the computer is up to some espionage), then I check the Air Briefing, then the Recent Reinforcements, then I play the turn, sometimes checking the Air Units to make sure they are all still doing what I want, and sometimes checking the Inventory and Replacements. Never use the Attack Planner.

I don't know if the interface is 'good', but I'm certainly used to it. I dread the day that it changes. My program for work changed a year ago, and I still can't get used to it. [:@]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks guys that helps, so at least I am not that far off, I'll have to find the 3 d viewer?

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”