Do the Expansions work with the German version?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Blubel

Do the Expansions work with the German version?

Post by Blubel »

Hi all,

well basically with the sale and Legends comming out I would like to get the Expansions.
However I have the German retail version of the game so I would like to know if they will work together well. Has anyone tried this out?

Thanks,
Blubel
Gelatinous Cube

RE: Do the Expansions work with the German version?

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

I believe you can choose the language-version when purchasing off the website. [8D]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

They do work with the German release, but as the additional text is not translated, it means that you will have some text in English and some in German.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

You will have the starting diplomacy texts in German with the Ü Ä Ö Bug were they are replaced with ? in a <>, but most things will turn to English.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

Thanks to all of you!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Nedrear
You will have the starting diplomacy texts in German with the Ü Ä Ö Bug were they are replaced with ? in a <>

Could you elaborate a bit on this bug? Is this in the standard German release or only if one of the expansions has been added?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

It's when the German Version of DW gets a RotS Expansion in English. That is no standard.
&nbsp;
If it would be possible I would like to get the English Version of Vanilla DW, but I will not pay for it twice to reinstall it.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”