wow, those Horses are tuff!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

gerg71

wow, those Horses are tuff!

Post by gerg71 »

So playing the 1940 DLC in France near the end. Have a PanzerIIIF sitting in atown I took on the first turn (I know tanks are at high risk in towns, I get it, ive been playing PG for years) and here come along 2 French cavalry units (nothing else) and destroy my full strength experianced Tank. One of them had experiance of 109 and the other horse had only 22 experiance. On both of them there hard attack is 1!
So as I said I get it tanks are at risk in towns. But would Cavalry do much better attacking into a city? Are those horses filled with TNT?
KerenskyLI

RE: wow, those Horses are tuff!

Post by KerenskyLI »

This is because in close terrain, such as cities, infantry units (cavalry) access the 'close defense' value of tanks.  Close defense of early war tanks is 2, so it's 1 Hard attack against 2 close defense.  Although...

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 920#278920
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I think tanks are too vulnerable in towns and cities. Tanks parked in town should have better defensive ratings than they have in this game, I think the developers have overlooked the fact that tank units don't just consist of armour they have infantry elements as well to protect armour in these exact situations. As it stands armour gets creamed in the forests, in the cities and regularly on the plains.
Formerly Goodwood

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I wish tanks were a little more reliable in battle myself. But I realize you don't want to make them into super units or otherwise there would be no point to having infantry. In reality infantry should be the most prominent unit in your force pool. I think the main problem is that the AI spends the majority of its time and resources defending towns and therefore you seldom get the opportunity to take advantage of the tank's superiority in open terrain.

Return to “Panzer Corps”