From my recent PBEM...

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Oleg Mastruko

From my recent PBEM...

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

[:D]

Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (82.82 KiB) Viewed 227 times
cristianwj

RE: From my recent PBEM...

Post by cristianwj »

LOL?I?I?I[:D]
Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
Jajusha

Post by Jajusha »

Clearly he has been facing german Sec brigades (the 3 defeats come when he faced Sec divisions instead)
Krec

Post by Krec »

good one
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

No those were honest victories vs regular German infantry. I don't micromanage my leaders as much as some other players do, and I also love to role play with them, I put a guy in charge because I love his name or his face or his personal history. I have sweet spot for weird looking guys or colorful characters like Semyon Budjoni even though their stats are less than stellar (one front command is reserved for him). Krivoshein, an Armenian who participated in German victory parade in Poland is also a personal favorite, this guy as well, and I don't need to mention the true Soviet stars (the guys with actual good stats).

So in my Soviet armies you can find all sorts of oddities. Stepan Akimov died in aircraft accident unrelated to combat in Oct 41, so his gaming alter ego outlives him in most games.
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

HAHAHA [:D] Hitler's face is priceless!

It's curious. The company which owned the rights of that movie had said (one year ago) that they would be asking Youtube to remove all the videos [:(] And then somehow they changed their mind. They let people make parodies.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

No those were honest victories vs regular German infantry. I don't micromanage my leaders as much as some other players do, and I also love to role play with them, I put a guy in charge because I love his name or his face or his personal history. I have sweet spot for weird looking guys or colorful characters like Semyon Budjoni even though their stats are less than stellar (one front command is reserved for him). Krivoshein, an Armenian who participated in German victory parade in Poland is also a personal favorite, this guy as well, and I don't need to mention the true Soviet stars (the guys with actual good stats).

So in my Soviet armies you can find all sorts of oddities. Stepan Akimov died in aircraft accident unrelated to combat in Oct 41, so his gaming alter ego outlives him in most games.

Yeah, all Armenian generals are my favorites too!

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

I assumed you are Armenian based on your name. Best Armenian general in game is Ivan (Hovhannes) Bagramyan. He actually has very good stats too.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”