volume II ?

The Seven Years’ War was fought across the globe and called by some the first “World War” as virtually every major power participated. In the center of events was Prussia, almost constantly at war and lead by the now legendary Frederick the Great.

Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great in Horse and Musket: Volume I, the improved and expanded combination of the previous Prussian War Machine and Prussia’s Glory titles. Horse and Musket: Volume I is a reboot of the successful Horse and Musket series, including not only two solid historical titles in one package, but also many new game features, a powerful new editor, and a complete graphics overhaul to an already acclaimed gaming system.

Moderators: Sertorius, Tim Coakley

Gribeauval

volume II ?

Post by Gribeauval »

Hello.
I have some questions about the Horse and Musket volume II game. I plan to buy it.

Is there an approximate release date for this game now ?
Will the volume I game be updated to be brought at the same level than the volume II ?
Is an ammo rule planned for the volume II (units running out of ammo, ...) ?
Could the small issues with the tooltips (in volume I) that are difficult to read on some monitors be corrected ?

PrinzHenrich

RE: volume II ?

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Hi,
Volume II are in beta testing. We don't know exactly when it will release. I hope end of this year but this is not sure. I don't know what price it will. Ammo rule is good suggestion I will report that.
At this point the monitor difficulties are the same but program and machine haven't been touched yet. We are fixing graphic and scenarios at this moment.
Changes....
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

Thanks for our answer, Prinz Heinrich.

But do you know if the engine of the volume I will be updated later ?
In some companies like HPS, all the titles in a series have the same engine and the same features. They are incrementally updated when a new title arrives.
What will happen with horse and musket ?
Will the player have an old engine (volumeI) and a new one (volumeII) ?
Or will the volume I be patched to benefit from the new features (indirect fire, 5 levels of command...) ?
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Well don't know it is still around..... I think it is imposible to patched Volume I to change into engine like in volume II.
There is long, very long list of features we wanna change (the Matrix crew and we - beta testers) some will sure change, some we will see it would possible during the programming. But for sure it will able to play old scenarios at new volume II. 
Changes....
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

Thanks for this info (and for your work).

If you are sure that we can copy the "old" scenarios in volume II directory to play them with the new engine, it is okay for me.

PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Old scenario will have redo. I wanna to change all uniform which need it, in all scenarios using new volume II graphic and Ryan want to centralized all units at hex. Some improvment will be done.
Changes....
Matto

Post by Matto »

Please correct problems with more units on the hex (infantry in square and arty with could not fire etc.) ... 
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Matto,
problem you describe are  at the list of issues to do.
Changes....
jackx

Post by jackx »

End of this year/early next year sounds good, and I'm sure it'll have been worth the wait, I'm definitely looking forward to it a lot, and hopefully I'll be able to get into some MP games then as well.
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

No deadline or finish time of the release the Volume II have been known.
Changes....
Matto

Post by Matto »

Still no informations about potential release? Christmas, Christmas next year? [8D] 
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

alexskufca

Post by alexskufca »

I can't wait for Russians!!
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Me too, but it seams to stop with all works.
Changes....
Matto

Post by Matto »

Hmm, bad news ... [:(]

PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

I got infos,that some graphic unit had been made, but still haven't know anything about changes in engines.
Changes....
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Hello, i dont post here too much , yet this is one of my favourite game engines..
Wonder if anyone in the know could give a peep or two about the status of future releases?  ( maybe a great northern war or , clutching heart,  30 years war??)  Ha ha , I know, not in the cards but there is a fan base out there for those eras! ( and i think this engine could do justice to the pike and shot timeline with only a few tweeks) 

PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Have any news yet.
Changes....
Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz »

Any updates? News? Rumours? Anything?

I'm really worried. [:(]
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I recently re-installed Volume I for the heck of it. And not to be sarcastic or mean-spirited, but I am not worried. Too much time has gone by. Volume II would have to be light-years ahead of its predecessor. And maybe even support 1680x1050? Between the 1990s graphics, sound and muddled interface, I just couldn't play Volume I again. And I tried.

The editor is great though [:)]
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Slowly moving on
Changes....

Return to “Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great”