v45014 bugs

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
Nomada_Firefox

v45014 bugs

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I have seen some bug on this new version but at least by the moment they are very small.

The last version can show battlegroups with more of 20 teams and obviously it will be showed out the teams panel.
RD Oddball

RE: v45014 bugs

Post by RD Oddball »

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing and the steps needed to reproduce it? Many thanks.
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

It almost sounds as if he is referring to this file.(SEPOPUP_000.tga)
I changed it awhile back to have 25 units instead of 20 which is what it was originally.
After that I just had to change the BGLeader_Pic to 1X1 pixels for it to not be in the way.

I've had a few interesting things happen to me since the last patch as well.
1)I had a BG with 2 tanks that on the soldier screen had them named 'Vehicle Crew" when the game started I was missing those 2 tanks.
(I.E. 2 slots were empty)

2)The game has locked up on me after hitting Truce,after waiting several minutes to see if it would correct itself I just exited out.
Once I loaded the game back up my GC file was gone,looking in the save game folder it is still there but has a file size of zero.
Any suggestions?

Both of these happened while playing a Mod.

thanks

Attachments
SEPOPUP_000.jpg
SEPOPUP_000.jpg (103.7 KiB) Viewed 108 times
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

I've had a few interesting things happen to me since the last patch as well.
1)I had a BG with 2 tanks that on the soldier screen had them named 'Vehicle Crew" when the game started I was missing those 2 tanks.
(I.E. 2 slots were empty)

Need the usual info on this. Saved game file and screenshots and a description of anything you did that might have contributed to the condition so we can repro it on our end. Thanks.

Was this error seen in relation to a mod? Was this seen in a clean installation or was it in an installation that prior modding had been done? If it's not completely clean (even if you undid any modding changes) it's possible the error is related to a mod having been installed and some of the files not having been returned to their clean install state. We'll need repro info from a clean installation.
2)The game has locked up on me after hitting Truce,after waiting several minutes to see if it would correct itself I just exited out.
Once I loaded the game back up my GC file was gone,looking in the save game folder it is still there but has a file size of zero.
Any suggestions?

Both of these happened while playing a Mod.

thanks

We've recently received a report of this from one of our testers in relation to a different mod. It's suspected it's a possible conflict with Windows 7 and CC EXE's being manually installed (hand copied) rather than by using an installer. The suggestion was made to look in the VirtualStore to see if anything might conflict. If you're not sure on how to do that look into Microsofts' documentation or ask around to see if anyone might be able to help.

BTW - Once the game is modded it's always possible the bug can be a result of operator error and that's not something we can be responsible for. Not to mention it makes reproducing a bug on our end near impossible since the possibility of a user having made a change to the game and forgetting about that change exists. It creates a situation where reproducing a bug is near, if not impossible. We'll be glad to look into any bugs related to standard clean installations as released by Matrix. I'm sure as time and desire permits suggestions might be offered (like was made above) on ways you might fix a problem.
Platoon_Michael

I did replace the .EXE after relocating the buttons on the Main Screen and relocating the BGLeader pics with the RTBTool.
And it was just a manual overwrite and not using any type of installer.

The suggestion you gave me are too far over my head to do.
Next time I will just try just saving the changes with the RTBTool rather than create a new .EXE and see what happens.

Semi sorta kinda nice to see someone has experienced the same problem though.
(If you know what I mean)

thanks
Platoon_Michael

Not really a bug per say but something I find very annoying is when viewing the A.I.'s BG and you then go to the Soldier button at the bottom of the screen
(the one that pulls up the Soldier screen)
When you choose back I expect it to take me back to the A.I.'s BG screen but it instead takes you to your BG screen.thus forcing you to choose view opponent every single time.

very annoying when your choosing better troops/tanks/vehicles for the A.I.
This is while playing either a Mod or stock WAR doesn't matter,the game still defaults back to the players BG and not the opponents BG.
Platoon_Michael

I'll try a clean install this week and see what happens without the .EXE changes.

I got a feeling it may be due to either several installs or the .EXE being replaced as I have about 3 GC's completed and 1 Operation with no Ill side effects till now.
All of those were played before the new patch.

The current crash I am having is a GC I started before the Mega Update.
Is there an issue with continuing GC's with this update?
Is it again suggested one start a new GC after installing the Mega Update?

Attachments
UO0031.jpg
UO0031.jpg (225.95 KiB) Viewed 108 times
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

Not really a bug per say but something I find very annoying is when viewing the A.I.'s BG and you then go to the Soldier button at the bottom of the screen
(the one that pulls up the Soldier screen)
When you choose back I expect it to take me back to the A.I.'s BG screen but it instead takes you to your BG screen.thus forcing you to choose view opponent every single time.

very annoying when your choosing better troops/tanks/vehicles for the A.I.
This is while playing either a Mod or stock WAR doesn't matter,the game still defaults back to the players BG and not the opponents BG.

Would be a nice navigational logic improvement. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll consider it down the road for possible larger upgrades. I seem to recall other improvements on the Atomic navigational structure that could be done. There's one where the "main" and "back" button occupy the same location and if you're not careful you'll take yourself out of the game by assuming you're hitting the "back" button. I think there are other potential improvements too.
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

The current crash I am having is a GC I started before the Mega Update.
Is there an issue with continuing GC's with this update?
Is it again suggested one start a new GC after installing the Mega Update?

YES to both questions. Your first sentence above is likely the cause of your crash.

Return to “Tech Support”