Tigercubs Data mod

Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem is a highly enhanced new release of Close Combat, using the latest Close Combat engine with many additional improvements. Its design is based on the critically acclaimed Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far, originally developed by Atomic Games, as well as the more recent Close Combat: The Longest Day. This is the most ambitious and most improved of the new Close Combat releases, but along with all the enhancements it retains the same addicting tactical action found in the original titles! Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem comes with expanded force pools, reserve & static battlegroups, a troop point buying system, ferry and assault crossings, destructible bridges, static forces and much more! Also included in this rebuild are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign!
tigercub

Tigercubs Data mod

Post by tigercub »

I made some changes to help with issues with GC

changes

1. german le MG34 and the mg42 ammo from 450 to 1050.

2. bazooka range 100m max pentration 100mm

3. 17 pounder reduced pentration from 275mm to 221mm Sabbot round.

4. All Mortars 82mm and 8cm and the US 60mm less pentration from 10 to 7mm and 15mm to 10mm should help a lot but will test more. blast reduced 15m

5.all Rifles,pistols have had a small increase in damage 8%-12%

sniper gets AP rounds boths sides pentration now 13mm up from 9mm.

feed back will be good as i will update weekly.

weapons file here.http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=60355#60355
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
tigercub

RE: Data mod

Post by tigercub »

you need both files can only post 1 per page.

just make a copy of old data files and place these 2 files in the Data/dase folder of the game

soldiers file
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Priapus1

Post by Priapus1 »

Is it possible to reduce lethality of the mg42? Particularly when units are under good, solid cover? Has that got anything to do with weapons data or is it in the elements data?
xe5

Post by xe5 »

ORIGINAL: tigercub
you need both files can only post 1 per page.

If you put both files in a .zip archive they can be downloaded together, they can be downloaded without needing to use the right click context menu ("Save link as") and neither file has to be renamed (eg. the default name for your Weapons.txt is 5AC70EE43C594F5880C665B4CC72BF81.txt).
DesertedFox

Post by DesertedFox »

Is it possible to reduce lethality of the mg42? Particularly when units are under good, solid cover? Has that got anything to do with weapons data or is it in the elements data?

I am the other 1/2 of Tigercub. He does all the leg work actually modding the stuff, we collaborate on whats to be changed. This partnership dates back to modding the GSM mod of CC5.

We have only recently (very recently) taken up the challenge to play LSA and the data changes will be a progressive thing that will change very constantly as we see fit.

As we are fairly new to this game at present we haven't seen the need to change the lethality of the MG42 just yet. That is not to say we will not in the future.

We have already discovered that the nerf we applied to the 80/81 MM mortars which was quite a bit, from 15 mm penetration to 9 mm, is not enough. The blast area is far too big. The mortars are still killing men at a ridiculous rate and range from the actually landing of the shell.

Unfortunately it is taking a long time to do even minor changes due the fact there is no workbook for LSA at present. Thus Tiger is working without headings for the data, not an easy or fast process to be sure.

Stay tuned, I am sure Tiger will be updating this files frequently at first, almost daily, till we struggle through all of the weapons etc.

Please remember we are doing this for our own satisfaction, but are happy to share with the community at large. Some people may think the MG 42 is too lethal and others not lethal enough. There will always be differences of opinion, and whilst you may not agree with anothers opinion, you should respect their right to have a different opinion. The data changes are just our combined opinions researched as much as possible given time constraints.

I feel confident the changes will be well received generally, but if you still disagree with a change or no change made to a weapon etc, you are more than welcome to edit Tigers data to reflect your own desires.

Cheers,

Mark
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

ORIGINAL: Priapus1

I will be looking at the Elements Data as i feel the MG42 is pretty right for now but making better cover in buildings and such could be on the cards given time.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

nice work gents.......long time no hear Deserted fox [:)]

IMO the bazooka does not need to be changed....especially the penatration increased. the yanks mostly used the zook for shooting at inf in buildings.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

hi mike Bazooka could penatrate 100mm so thats what i set it too...now i have the workbook i will make a lot of small changes...
3rd file i will put then in one tomorrow

The files have changed again

STIENER

Post by STIENER »

tigercub
have alook at this post......i made some suggestions to Priapus about some playability changes.......tm.asp?m=2847199 .....there might be some ideas there for you if you want. [;)]

perhaps you can tweak the shreaks a bit? the zook still seems to be the better a/t weapon in LSA

a plugin or a modswap would be real nice for your mod? [8D]
DasHoff

Post by DasHoff »

have they not fixed the magic gun 42 problem? I thought they did. originally you were able to just blind fire it like a laser cannon through any cover and decimate any squad in seconds, anywhere on the map

would it be possible to mod the sniper to usefulness? the sniper is the most worthless unit in any CC game. it can't hit shit even, even stationary targets on a road at 100m. it would be sweet to up the accuracy a lot to make it a decent unit
DasHoff

Post by DasHoff »

btw can this mod be added to an already started campaign?
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

Hey Dashoff

I am giving the sniper the high powered round they used during the war it will make them nasty for both sides, you can add any time during the campaign. the new file will be up today! get it here.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=60355#60355
DasHoff

Post by DasHoff »

sweet, i'll dl it. does this round mean thr sniper will kill enemy troops more effectively, or does it mean it can do more dmg to light vehicles?
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

not yet i hope to finnish tonight oz time. snipers i want to make them harder to see but having a problem with that, there new round was used against light vehicles, and to penertrate brick walls and stuff nasty on the body as u can guess.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i like making the sniper better than he is right now but lets not make a super sniper like CC5 had at one time.
i dont recall reading any historical history about snipers taking out a/c's and h/t's by the handfull with armour piercing rds. snipers taking out tank commanders dumb enough to sit up in the command cupola's...yes.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

it not likely they will do much more than kill inf as 13mm penatration is no world beater try and give me feedback thx mike.

any new infomation and ideas will be looked into and changes added as we think it needs so please comment. guys
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

tigercub...did you happen to look at the other post i put the link up for?
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

i did and asked Priapus to join forces..
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

i have been testing the sniper its seems fine now.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

We intend to update this Data mod at the end of this week hopfully and add it to Priapus1 new Campaign.

Return to “Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem”