AGC and Amph Force HQ

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sardaukar

AGC and Amph Force HQ

Post by Sardaukar »

Michaelm, if you have time (I bet you don't have that luxury every often..), would you check the AGC and Amph Force HQ behaviour, please? [&o]

What I have discovered how it should be and how it seems to work now is:

1. AGC should be able to fully load Amph Force HQ (currently, at least in DaBigBabes, it cannot, shows e.g. V Amph Force HQ/1 when loaded..).
2. AGC should be in same Amphibious TF that is doing the Amphibious assault (fair enough, seems to work).
3. AGC should not unload Amph Force HQ with assault troops (currently it does, interestingly, unit then becomes the mother unit, e.g. V Amph Force HQ).

Some suggestion for solutions:

1. Make Amph Force HQ (and AGC too) effect work when in same HEX, not in same TF. This way one could have it in different TF set to "Do not unload". That would solve this particular problem, but I do not obviously know how much and how difficult coding that would require.

2. Or, make it so that AGC never unloads unless instructed so by player (I think this is less-"elegant" solution..but then I don't know how difficult it'd be to code...).

2. Make it possible for AGC to fully load full Amph Force HQ. This is low priority item and probably best solved by just increasing load capacity of AGC in editor.

Thanks for your continuing support for this great game! We owe you a lot as AE community. Getting out all these beta patches is bit insane....but then..."these are not rational acts, just ones that need to be done"...[8D] [&o]

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

michaelm75au

RE: AGC and Amph Force HQ

Post by michaelm75au »

In my standard scenario tests, the AGC did load an Amphib Hq in total, and did not unload unless the base was friendly. Or not in a Amphib TF (IIRC).
The Amphib Hq bonus is based on TF - trying to add it to any TF in the hex might cause problems.

Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Set up a test.
The Amphib Hq unit (with 180 support) loaded in full on to the AGC.
Amphib Hq did not unload from the AGC while rest of TF hit the beaches.

Test save.
TF created.
Just needs Amphib Hq and some troops to load and destination set for Lunga
It should load the Amphib Hq in toto, and when it arrives at Lunga, unload all bar the Amphib Hq
Attachments
wpae006.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Check to see if the Amph Force HQ is classed as a Amphib Hq.
Hq type = 31 in the editor.
Michael
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Maybe the size/load cost of the Amph Force HQ in DBB scenario is larger than in stock scenarios.  Is it possible that the unload issue is a direct result of the entire Amp Force HQ not being loaded onto the AGC?
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Maybe the size/load cost of the Amph Force HQ in DBB scenario is larger than in stock scenarios.  Is it possible that the unload issue is a direct result of the entire Amp Force HQ not being loaded onto the AGC?

I think that it should load the full unit on to the AGC. Don't think that it worries about load costs when loading it.

Unloading just looks at Hq type and on a AGC, and decides not to unload.

Based on the questions, I don't think that the unit has been set up correctly in the editor.
I don't have a copy of DBB to check.
Michael
noguaranteeofsanity

Post by noguaranteeofsanity »

The HQ is set up wrongly in DaBabes, LCU's 155 and 156, III and V Amphibious Force are corps HQs instead of being amphibious HQs.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

IMO, it would be best if the Amphib HQ bonus was shared with all TFs in the hex (which is how I thought it was based upon the old advice in WITP of making the Amphib HQ aboard an AGC be in its own TF).

When it comes to larger invasions in the mid and late game the size limits will prevent using one TF. For example, the LSI and various landing craft numbers really add up. When you are landing multiple divisions plus armored units, combat engineer units, etc. you will easily go over the 100 ship limit.
Herrbear

Post by Herrbear »

ORIGINAL: noguaranteeofsanity

The HQ is set up wrongly in DaBabes, LCU's 155 and 156, III and V Amphibious Force are corps HQs instead of being amphibious HQs.

I believe that both of these are set up correctly. The HQ type is 31 which is for Amphib HQ.

noguaranteeofsanity

Post by noguaranteeofsanity »

ORIGINAL: Herrbear

ORIGINAL: noguaranteeofsanity

I believe that both of these are set up correctly. The HQ type is 31 which is for Amphib HQ.

Agree seems to be fixed in latest release, I must of checked an older version. I definitely can remember fixing them up myself in one of the earlier releases.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Thanks a lot for checking this! [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

IMO, it would be best if the Amphib HQ bonus was shared with all TFs in the hex (which is how I thought it was based upon the old advice in WITP of making the Amphib HQ aboard an AGC be in its own TF).

When it comes to larger invasions in the mid and late game the size limits will prevent using one TF. For example, the LSI and various landing craft numbers really add up. When you are landing multiple divisions plus armored units, combat engineer units, etc. you will easily go over the 100 ship limit.

The Amphib HQ bonus applies to the hex. However the TF with the AGC will get an additional bonus for itself, even if it isn't carrying an Amphib HQ (AGC has the command and control ability. However, loading a non-amphHq will be constrained by normal loading limits).
Michael
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Wow, that's news! Makes sense now why there are several more AGCs than Force HQs. Thanks!

Return to “Tech Support”