Special Nationality CapacitiesHi

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Hoplite1963

Special Nationality CapacitiesHi

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi
I am planning to do some mods for this game using two ore more nationality counter lines for each army so that extra units can be added in such as mortars and brigade headquarters.

While I understand that each line can be allocated to the Allied or Axis side in the scenario editor, it looks as if the special nationality capacities are specific to particular lines. That is to say the extra infiltration abilities that the “Germans” have and the increased ability to concentrate artillery given to the British & American armies.

Do the “SS” units have the same enhanced infiltration ability as the “Germans” and do the “US Marine” and “Commonwealth” Headquarters have the same ability to concentrate more artillery fire that the US and British armies have respectively ?

I am planning to do an initial mod looking at the French conflicts in Indochina from the Japanese incursions in the autumn of 1940 through the Franco Tai war of 1941 to the Japanese takeover in 1945 followed by the French struggle with the Viet Min up to 1954.

I will also include the Chinese Nationalists (with whom the French also clashed when they took over control in the North after WW2) and the British Indian Army units who helped the French establish control in the south of the Country in the immediate post WW2 period. Because of the way the game is set up it should also prove possible for the French to deploy Japanese troops as allies in their early clashes with the communists in the mid 1940’s as they did historically.

Many thanks
Ian
junk2drive

RE: Special Nationality CapacitiesHi

Post by junk2drive »

I played around with something similar in the past. I don't have the talent or software to make the proper country markers but I did make bevel edged makers for Communist China, North Vietnam and South Vietnam. I used the Axis and Allied minor nation marker for the NVA and ARVN and the China for ChiComs.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”