Korea 50

Post advice on tactics and strategies here; share your experience on how to become a better wargamer.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

blackknight1916

Korea 50

Post by blackknight1916 »

Hi all-

Anyone have some general strategy tips for the Communist side? I am playing against the strong AI and the best I can do is a marginal defeat. If I go all out for Pusan I get mauled and end up being pushed back over the parallel, and when the Chinese come in the seem only to be able to stabilize the front around the parallel. I have always stopped any Inchon-type flanking maneuver, but my DPRK troops always lose in the frontal struggle. When I tried to take Seoul only and hold the neck it was even worse!

Tips appreciated!

sapper32

RE: Korea 50

Post by sapper32 »

Hey Blacknight i lured the US/ROK forces deep into NK they got a bit disorganised and i took advantage of that and destroyed some powerfull units that were low on readiness and supply before surging south myself untill i ran out of steam then clung on for a marginal victory as i remember,Love this scenario it was one of the first computer wargames i ever played.

Ian
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

A gung-ho strategy that works (I admit, it also caught me off guard...) is, to use the eastern approach, avoiding any congestion and entangling of your divisions, it's possible to reach and capture Pusan in 3-4 turns. This however worked (when I got defeated by a human opponent) ONLY when most of the units are orange/static for whatever reason. I couldn't move/react at all. It's worth a try. Use the amry support level motorcycle, tank, AA, specvial forces and rush down with 2-3 divisions. I would like to try it out against a human, so... up for a test run, version 3.4.201?

kLiNk, Oberst

P.S. My opponent who achieved that feat (with a tad of luck, ofc) was zukov
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Pantera

Post by Pantera »

I would play with you this crazy scenario:)

Return to “The War Room”