The Axis Rail Network

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

New York Jets

The Axis Rail Network

Post by New York Jets »

Does bombing the Axis rail network slow the transfer of goods produced in the various factories scattered around the Reich to the facilities where the finished product is built?

Or do I only have to bomb the factories themselves to slow production?

I understand that bombing factories is a paramount objective but, can you also hinder production by disabling the distribution network?
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
wernerpruckner

RE: The Axis Rail Network

Post by wernerpruckner »

The distribution of oil and fuel is slowed down.....enemy A/F do get less and less fuel if RR around it and on the supply path to it are destroyed.
I do not know if parts, pits and pieces moved around are slowed down or if they go straight to the pool
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

railroad system is abstrak, but there is a rail system, it does not go from point A to point B and so on, but there is a rail system, if you break the lines between the production points, it will slow down the production system, but, the game works as, if, you stop the trains, the game will start moving stuff by trucks, you hurt the trucks, it will stay moving stuff by wagon, until it gets back into production (per JC)
New York Jets

Post by New York Jets »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

railroad system is abstrak, but there is a rail system, it does not go from point A to point B and so on, but there is a rail system, if you break the lines between the production points, it will slow down the production system, but, the game works as, if, you stop the trains, the game will start moving stuff by trucks, you hurt the trucks, it will stay moving stuff by wagon, until it gets back into production (per JC)

Thank you, this is quite helpful.
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
harley

Post by harley »

Chris - a great demonstration of this is Hall rail yard at the NE end of the Rhur...

It's a 10 cap railyard, but totalling it gives more that the 100 points of industry damage it it worth.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

right, if you can shut down the Ruhr Rail lines going in and coming out, you will do a lot of "point" damage, that will slowly repair

also, hit Vienna, or the Big B, Lepzig and Halle are two others that show some of this effect

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”