PO Assist

This forum is for feedback on any Public Beta updates. Feedback and issues related to official releases should go in the Support forum. All Beta version feedback and issues should go here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

shunwick

PO Assist

Post by shunwick »

Ralph or Bob,

When in PO Assist mode, if you bring up a formation report for a formation that is in reorganization then you are allowed to change its General Orders. If you cycle through the General Orders, then when you reach "Independent" the formation is taken out of reorganization.

I am thinking that this probably shouldn't happen although, since I am currently playing the Soviet side of a bevvy of Barbarossa scenarios, I can't say that I am all that fussed really.

Sorry.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Curtis Lemay

RE: PO Assist

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: shunwick

Ralph or Bob,

When in PO Assist mode, if you bring up a formation report for a formation that is in reorganization then you are allowed to change its General Orders. If you cycle through the General Orders, then when you reach "Independent" the formation is taken out of reorganization.

I am thinking that this probably shouldn't happen although, since I am currently playing the Soviet side of a bevvy of Barbarossa scenarios, I can't say that I am all that fussed really.

Sorry.

Best wishes,
Steve

Yep - I see it. That's a bug. We tried to find every possible cheat with that assist, but missed that one.

Note that PO Assist is not available in PBEM, though - before anyone gets seriously worried (this is a good reason why).
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
ColinWright

Post by ColinWright »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Note that PO Assist is not available in PBEM, though - before anyone gets seriously worried (this is a good reason why).

It strikes me as a rather poor reason.

I rarely see any point in playing except via PBEM (wake me up when Elmer gets a lot better), and I was thinking that PO assist was going to make all kinds of things possible.

Like a Barbarossa scenario, for starters. Even a flawed P.O. assist would be better than none. Is the bug noted the only reason it's not available for P.O.?
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

It strikes me as a rather poor reason.

I rarely see any point in playing except via PBEM (wake me up when Elmer gets a lot better), and I was thinking that PO assist was going to make all kinds of things possible.

Like a Barbarossa scenario, for starters. Even a flawed P.O. assist would be better than none. Is the bug noted the only reason it's not available for P.O.?

Ralph says he wants to eventually make it available for PBEM. But, obviously, giving it a field test sans PBEM was a very good reason, as it turns out.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”