Screen resolution of this version?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

pvthudson01

Screen resolution of this version?

Post by pvthudson01 »

I noticed the Matrix games version only comes with the free version of SP, but on the Shrapnel Games site

https://www.gamersfront.com/store/winsp ... egory_id=9

That says that only the paid version of WINSPWW will let you go above 800x600 resolution

So what is what with these?

Will I get a higher screen res with this version on Matrix Games or do I go and get the one from Shrapnel. I refuse to play at 800x600

EDIT fixed link
Matrix Member since 2003!
gabeeg

RE: Screen resolution of this version?

Post by gabeeg »

The Matrix version is based on Steel Panthers III where the Camo Workshop version at Shrapnel is based on the Steel Panthers II code base. Two separate projects that are developed separately. I believe that the Matrix version is limited to 800x600...unless someone has come up with a way around this that I am not aware of. The Shrapnel version (WinSPWW2) can go to higher resolutions if you purchase the CD version. The shrapnel version is also about to get an update to support wide screen formats.
Kind Regards,

Harry
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

I noticed the Matrix games version only comes with the free version of SP, but on the Shrapnel Games site

http://enhanced.freeforums.org/the-sp-c ... -t910.html

That says that only the paid version of WINSPWW will let you go above 800x600 resolution

So what is what with these?

Will I get a higher screen res with this version on Matrix Games or do I go and get the one from Shrapnel. I refuse to play at 800x600

That Link you have there is not the shrapnel games site BTW [;)]

JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

Don't refuse to play it because of the resolution, SP:WaW is the superior combat simulation of all the SP variants. There are some excellent mods for it too... Enhanced FR & FR-NL, SPCW, North Afrika, with more being developed, including Viet Nam. Click the banner in Alby's signature.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Oops my bad fixed that link.

Oh I know I play the free version I just wasnt sure what all the types were. I may just get both ha ha. I do want the higher rez though

So all the mods will NOT work between the two versions right? Some mods work in WAW and other mods in WINSPWW2
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Yep, separate animals...mods unfortunately incompatible. I play(ed) both for awhile now and finally just stuck with WinSPWW2 from Shrapnel. Nothing against WAW, it is a great game and if I had the spare room on my HD to just keep stuff around I would have kept the Enhanced modded version (you need the enhanced mod if you play WAW imho)...but in the end the High res and...unlike Jeb above...I liked the combat system in WinSPWW2 a little bit better (just more proof it is all a matter of taste between the two great games).
Kind Regards,

Harry
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Yeah I went with winSPWW but both are awesome in my mind. I am just getting back into the game after 5 years away. So I have a lot of catching up

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”