downloading the game out of download period

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

aprezto

downloading the game out of download period

Post by aprezto »

Hi;

I 'think' I read that you can still download games you've purchased outside the download period (now, or maybe you were always able to).

Was that my imagination or is this the real deal? If not can someone indulge me with the procedure. Tried searching but asking search about downloading with refinements isn't getting me very far.

I know I have a hard copy of UV around somewhere at home but I am fearful of that dark place in the corner where the monsters hide. I almost certain that's where it's hiding, BUT I'M SCARED DADDY!

Image courtesy of Divepac
Nomad

RE: downloading the game out of download period

Post by Nomad »

Wobbs, I'm not sure that UV was a down loadable game. I do not have a serial number registered for it, I have a hard copy and I think that is the only way it came.
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Damn, really? I was certain that was how I got it. Mind that was in 2000 and there's been waaaaaaaaaay too many beers through the braincells since then.

barkman44

Post by barkman44 »

my copy was d/led!
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

You should check with Tech Support either in this or the UV forum.
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

ORIGINAL: barkorn45

my copy was d/led!

But Wobbs bought the game about 9 years ago, and I don't think there was a download option at the time. But, he should probably check with the new game store and see if they can make it down loadable for him.
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. It's not that much of a worry, I of course still have AE.  It is just that it was the game that started the addiction [:D]

Nomad is correct, being spurned into searching harder I've even found the CD case (minus disk...) that it came in.

I'd like to think the things I am forgetting are purely due to learning so much new stuff and not having enough cranial capacity to hold it all. Not sure I could stand up in court with that though...

I had decided to gift UV to a friend who I am trying to introduce to Crack in the Pacific; he's more a land based gamer, so maybe WITE is more his thing; starting on UV seemed a good introduction. If he liked it he would purchase the more advanced versions.

Aside from my ineptitude, and once again this is counting on the memory, I thought there was a way to re-download your downloadable games after the initial download period had passed. I of course have downloadable matrix games, and since I appear to destroy, misplace, erase etc my media I am likely to need this service in the future.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”