couldn't init font

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: simovitch, warshipbuilder

vils

couldn't init font

Post by vils »

Need help with this error, as i can't even start the game..

I use windowed mode and played fine yesterday with many restarts, no problems. But today when i tries to start it gives me this error and i cannot even launch the game anymore. Note that i have not changed any settings whatsoever in my win7*64 system, so it's clearly a major bug and i wan't it solved now pls?

Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle
mikkey

RE: couldn't init font

Post by mikkey »

I don't know whether that this is the solution for your problem, but I had this error message when I was started WinAmp. No matter if I use windowed or full screen mode in WinXP. If I turn off WinAmp, everything is fine. Maybe you have started on background some programs causing this conflict with fonts.
PizzaDeOveja

RE: couldn't init font

Post by PizzaDeOveja »

[font="Trebuchet MS"]After having this error I tried everything I could think of... uninstalling the latest window updates, reinstalling the game several times, updating the video drivers...

Then I did notice that the original version of the game loads normally, and that it did load in full screen mode (the patched version, even after reinstalling everything "loads" in windowed mode).

The windowed mode appears to be the problem, but its weird because I remember loading this game in a window in the past.

Inexplicably enough the game options CANT be set outside of the game, and there is not a script file I can find that allows you to set the windowed/full screen load, which in short did meant that I was totally screwed[&:].

After resorting to my last option whenever I find an X file in the marvelous world of computers, that is to do the same thing over and over again till the damn thing works while screaming WORK WORK!!! YOU STUPID MACHINE![:@] I want to bomb Germany!

...And as usual..believe it or not...in the end it did work[:D] I quickly set the game to full screen mode and now it loads perfectly. Im not sure why it did work that time and I CANT make some tests because if I set the windowed mode again and cant replicate whatever it was that allowed the game in windowed mode to load I will be again screwed, but as it is not new drivers, new configs or programs loaded in memory...I think that the trick is to do some random clicks in and possibly out of the window and then the game will load properly. Yep you can all laugh all you want but it did work!

Thats the only thing I did differently the time it did work! IT WORKED IT WORKED!
Im so happy I might even give the German civilians a day more to live and do a bomber Holiday and...[:D]

Oh! who am I trying to deceive...[:D]
[/font]
The Rules of War? I'll give you a lesson, sir, about the Rules of War...

Return to “Tech Support”