Air Support 'List'

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

kirkgregerson

Air Support 'List'

Post by kirkgregerson »

I saw a screen shot in which somebody was able to display a list of air units that had nice info in making a choice. When I click the 'list' option for air support I just get the nato icons [&:] Which is no better than clicking all and deselecting units since both give no information on the unit make-up.

Is this another screen zoom issue? Doesn't seem like it should be since it's just the text in the list that I'm not seeing.

Thanks
Barthheart

RE: Air Support 'List'

Post by Barthheart »

Really?!? Can you post a screen shot of that?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
kirkgregerson

Post by kirkgregerson »

ok, well let me describe it a bit better. It shows a list of the unit names, but with no more description then what's in it. From the Case White air units it's a bit tricky to tell, although there are some ID to key off of to decide which units to select. Since we can't rename units and thus make some air units names more descriptive we need to live and understand the given names.
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

I get the same thing as shown in the attachment.

Not the same as in your detailed war room write-up (post #17 or #18).
Attachments
airunits.jpg
airunits.jpg (478.13 KiB) Viewed 171 times
gekkoguy35

Post by gekkoguy35 »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

I get the same thing as shown in the attachment.

Not the same as in your detailed war room write-up (post #17 or #18).

Mine looks identical as well. Incidentally I hadn't thought twice about it, although I didn't know what each unit did initially.
patchogue

Post by patchogue »

I get the same uninformative list
"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

The last letter in the unit ID helps. It stands for the majority of the aircaft type and mission for the unit:

R = Recon
D = Dive Bombers
B = Level Bombers
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

The last letter in the unit ID helps. It stands for the majority of the aircaft type and mission for the unit:

R = Recon
D = Dive Bombers
B = Level Bombers

Understand...but I would like to see the additional detail shown in Barthheart's war room write-up [;)]
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

R = Recon
D = Dive Bombers
B = Level Bombers

Understand...but I would like to see the additional detail shown in Barthheart's war room write-up [;)]

I don't see any data in that write-up that you can't get. To get the detail of the single flight of planes, he would have to click the flight with the entire unit selected. And not from the list screen.
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Well, in the war room write-up, Barthheart said that he clicked on "list" to bring up various units for the potential airstrike (either post #17 or #18). I just would like to see the same popup detail when I click on "list" as the writeup indicates.

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: kirkgregerson

I saw a screen shot in which somebody was able to display a list of air units that had nice info in making a choice. When I click the 'list' option for air support I just get the nato icons [&:] Which is no better than clicking all and deselecting units since both give no information on the unit make-up.

Is this another screen zoom issue? Doesn't seem like it should be since it's just the text in the list that I'm not seeing.

Thanks

Try right clicking to see what type of planes each unit consists if.
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Yes..holding a right click does provide the detail. I was hoping to get the same type of screen though as shown in the war room write-up (w/o the right click) [&:].

Not a big deal and doesn't affect gameplay. Just one of those nice to have things.
kirkgregerson

Post by kirkgregerson »

yeah, I have not seen a reply from Braveheart yet. Guessing we have the same game version since there's only a 1.00b patch which I have.

So Braveheart please do tell how you got that list in your posting? I like it much better as a default for me would be great.

Don't be shy to tell us your secrets!
[8D]
htuna

Post by htuna »

Yes the Braveheart display shows the distance for how far away that the air units is..
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”