Mods

Post by CaptRio »

Any full conversions around the corner?

Can't wait!!

[&o][&o][&o]
squadleader_id

RE: Mods

Post by squadleader_id »

You mean full conversions of CC4-CC5 mods?
Could be a while...the new data recalculations for LSA will make mod conversions more complicated...you can't simply just port the old data anymore.
The official LSA workbook is also still unavailable.
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

Theres not many converting mods, probably less than five people. They were once popular (and some still are) for the version they were originally made for. The effort do convert, and troubleshoot is probably not worth the gain. Besides, the old mods were never intended to be played with some of the new features of the rereleases. I can say for sure that a conversion of GJS to WaR or TLD wouldnt be met with much appreciation.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
Overkenshin

Post by Overkenshin »

ORIGINAL: mooxe

Theres not many converting mods, probably less than five people. They were once popular (and some still are) for the version they were originally made for. The effort do convert, and troubleshoot is probably not worth the gain. Besides, the old mods were never intended to be played with some of the new features of the rereleases. I can say for sure that a conversion of GJS to WaR or TLD wouldnt be met with much appreciation.

Rubbish Mooxe. [:-] I'm sure there are great number, indeed a majority of GJS fans who would like nothing more than to see thier favorite mod ported to one the newer games, with the new features added (rotating BGs, supply drops ect).
CaptRio

Post by CaptRio »

ORIGINAL: Overkenshin

ORIGINAL: mooxe

Rubbish Mooxe. [:-] I'm sure there are great number, indeed a majority of GJS fans who would like nothing more than to see thier favorite mod ported to one the newer games, with the new features added (rotating BGs, supply drops ect).

Im one of those fans!!!

I dont like your attitude Mooxe. The Close Combat community is struggling to stay alive and kicking and you keep bashing the re-releases.

Well, thats life, you cant please everybody, right?
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

i also would like to have GJS see the light of day from TLD.

Tigercub!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

I would love to see GJS on WAR/TLD too....
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

Gentlemen... look at the past history. Its been four years since Matrix started releasing these games. Have you seen any new mods? And of those mods you are thinking about, have they caught on at all? No. Now, think about how many mods have been converted. Have these really caught on? No. Sure some people will play them, but it ain't worth the effort to convert.

What version do you even convert them for now anyways? Each new rerelease that comes out is touted as being better than the last. I am positive theres a lot of wasted time and energy converting a mod for one rerelease, then another rerelease came out months later which would of been more suitable for it. On top of all the new versions, all of them except maybe one are in a beta patch holding pattern. As soon as a new patch comes out, your mod wont work! Now whos gonna bother with those roadblocks?

You can say this is another negative post, but its a very very realistic look at it all.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
Southernland

Post by Southernland »

A true fan might?
¡¡ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Overkenshin

Post by Overkenshin »

And how long did it take for the first version of GJS to be released after CC5 came out? about 3-4 years? maybe more?..

These things take time.

Of course there will be less mods being made now because the community is much smaller than it was when GJS was first released. But infact even small mods such as Ground Tactics for TLD by Davidssfx are already very popular. Im sure you are sorry to hear that!

TLD was released only about a year ago and LSA was just released last month! Of course they will be patched further! That doesnt mean that porting the best mods from CC5 is a waste of time! And It takes a lot less time and effort to port between different version of the same game. Once the bulk of the work is done,  its done.

Utah V2 is due to be released for TLD by Dima and I'm guessing its going to be pretty well received...

In a year or so's time there sure to be good mods available for LSA too...

Besides, your statement was " I can say for sure that a conversion of GJS to WaR or TLD wouldnt be met with much appreciation. " which is absolute nonsense. And that is what the above posters were responding too.

Why dont you start a poll about it on the CCS website and see how many players would like to play GJS in a newer format?

Just because you dont want to buy the new games doesnt mean no one should make mods for them. [:o]
xe5

Post by xe5 »

Based on the theory that new releases are bad for mods and the user community, Atomic should have quit at CC1.

This game has never been the same since the demise of Replay.
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Is there any type of Mod Conversion Tutorial floating around?

I'd be willing to take a crack at converting an old CC5 mod to LSA...

Chad
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Southernland

Post by Southernland »

I actually Approached Sapa last night with a blank strat map mock up to see if I could lure him out of retirement.  The great northern winter is approaching, I'm sure he'll need something to do during those 23hrs of night[;)]
¡¡ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

As of the latest Beta patches any mod made for WaR will work in tLD and vice versa.

Only LSA is the odd man out at the moment.
ImageImage
kojusoki1

Post by kojusoki1 »

I think Mooxe is right - the community is to divided (some play WaR, some TLD and some LSA), also patches are still being released so modders will not be so eager to mod it. At least untill we will have the final versions.

So far I find the LSA the best of all CCs but even when I am not a "full modder"- I only change data, forcepools and some features (what takes way less time teh the whoel mod with graphics etc), I want to wait until all is patched and works as it should.
For TLD, there was a conversion of classic CCV but once a new patch arrived, the mod is obsolete (AFAIR).
Andrew Williams

I think you will find the Classic CC5 mod still works fine as does

The Battle of the Bulge mod
Bloody Omaha v1.3
tLD Ground tactics mod v1.3
tLD Score mod
tLD vetmod
Small soldiers mod
Locked BG's mod

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/Long ... Dmods.html

please report if you find any of these mods fail.
ImageImage
CaptRio

Post by CaptRio »

Those mods are for TLD, this is LSA forum!

We could have at least more mods like REAL PARA, changing the data base files for more realism/accuracy. We dont want only full conversions.
Andrew Williams

It answers this statement above... please read all posts
For TLD, there was a conversion of classic CCV but once a new patch arrived, the mod is obsolete (AFAIR).
ImageImage
kojusoki1

Post by kojusoki1 »

Andrew - if it is not now it will be when patch arrives:) And they need to patch a few things AFAIR :)

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

How do we go to make any mod for LSA if they do not release the LSAworkbook? I go to make at least 3, one ABTF mod on LSA but with only 30 from the new maps, one Battle of Ebro conversion and I would like to make one Ardennes Offensive VetBoB on LSA.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”