UK 70th Div

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

aprezto

UK 70th Div

Post by aprezto »

Hi;

Some clarity on the OOB of this unit if that's possible.

Attached is a screen shot of the UK 70th DIVISION.

the TOE switch has been switched on, that actual loadout being less.

Just wondering why it is so eneamic?

Wikipedia claims it was a unit re-designated from the UK 6th and 7th Divs.

Attachments
70thUKdiv.jpg
70thUKdiv.jpg (52.27 KiB) Viewed 99 times

Image courtesy of Divepac
Andy Mac

RE: UK 70th Div

Post by Andy Mac »

Thats only the Div assets the Bdes are seperately represented

i.e. 3 Field Coy's RE
3 Field Arty Regts
MG Bn etc etc

It was easier to do it this way as the 14th 16th and 23rd Bdes all convert to Chindits later on
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

It is only the 'division level' stuff. The regiments/brigades are in the game separately. Something about IRL the division breaking up (disbanded) but the brigades remained independently (or some such). So you will see the division unit be withdrawn.

I think in DBB they discussed it with Andy and decided to handle it differently in that mod.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Not sure how they did it in that mod its quite a nasty one if you set it to just disband and be replaced by the Bdes then all those devices go the pool = bad idea

Or if you set to totally withdraw also a bad idea as its then a wastable asset.

There is no right answer I went for the best representation I could which was Bdes changing to Chindit Bde Gps when the Div level assets withdraw
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I just remember you answering their questions about what was what. Not sure what it looks like.

Anyway our first posts crossed.
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

i take it they can't all combine to give you a real division (no unit organisation option...)

Thanks for clearing it up.

Image courtesy of Divepac
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Nice artillery TOE , I'd think of it as an arty unit with good support abilities over an actual inf division.

would make a great garrison unit for somewhere expecting japanese paratroopers [;)].
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
I just remember you answering their questions about what was what. Not sure what it looks like.

Anyway our first posts crossed.
In DBB the LRP columns are so different that a brigade name change for 14, 16, 23 Br, did not work so 70th division sub units can recombine to make a complete one. The whole division withdraws as type 1 on its withdraw date, no devices to pool, but at the same time a convoy dumps some of the original AT, AA and Arty ‘division level’ stuff into the pools to model their distribution to other units. The new 14, 16, 23 LRP brigades appear soon after with their new TOE.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

And that works as well the only issue with it is it makes the original 3 Bdes free issue

i.e. the allied player can send them to Burma for a glorious last stand and still get all the manpower and devices that they lose duplicated.

There is no right answer to this one - I went one way DBB went another they all have flaws

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”