OT: Cebu and Luzon, Philippines

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

OT: Cebu and Luzon, Philippines

Post by Chickenboy »

Hi all,

I'm heading to Cebu is. and the area around Manila (Luzon is.) for a business trip this next week. I'll have some time for sightseeing, probably a day at either location. Any WiTP-related military sightseeing that anyone would recommend at either location? Any 'must see' museums or the like?
Canoerebel

RE: OT: Cebu and Luzon, Philippines

Post by Canoerebel »

Hey, how did you swing a veterinarian trip to the Philippines?  Do they need any magazine editors?
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Hey, how did you swing a veterinarian trip to the Philippines?  Do they need any magazine editors?
Being a poultry veterinarian has its silver lining these days. With half the world at arms versus HPAI (Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza-subtype H5N1), there's been a hefty demand abroad for our ilk in the last 5 years.

I'll be doing some training for Philippino veterinary graduates, regional 'veterinary medical officers' and some academics at four Philippino veterinary colleges-three around Manila and one on Cebu. Hey, it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. [:'(]

WRT the need for magazine editors in the Philippines: I think your presence here, running your two AARs is indispensible for morale on the home front. Morale would plummet around here without them. Consider this your solemn responsibility to the group. [;)]

I'll post some pix of anything of interest to the group.
Nikademus

Post by Nikademus »

Fort Drum.

Bring scuba gear. I want pics of the partially flooded engine room.

[:)]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Fort Drum.

Bring scuba gear. I want pics of the partially flooded engine room.

[:)]
While I do have a PADI 'C' card, I dunno if I can swing Manila bay diving into the schedule. I hadn't even considered it, to be honest...but now that you mention it...
Nikademus

Post by Nikademus »

If i had a million bucks, thats what i'd do....then after exploring the PI sites, i'd swing over to Japan and visit the Mikasa.....the only bonafide Pre-Dreadnought era battleship left in existence! (after the form standardized)
anarchyintheuk

Post by anarchyintheuk »

Anyone else think we're going to hear about sightings of uberpoultry in the Philipines in the next year or two?
Mark VII

Post by Mark VII »

There is good diving around Cebu. My dive shop is sponsoring a dive trip to Negros next year. I know taking your gear means another 50lb bag but take your gear! Site seeing Trips from manila to Corregidor take most of day but that would be worth it if you have the day as you arrive or depart.
berto

Post by berto »

Intramuros, the old Spanish walled fortress in the heart of Manila, the scene of savage fighting 1945.

There's also Corregidor, of course.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Can't offer advice but at least your nick makes much more sense now. [;)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

morganbj

Post by morganbj »

I always thought that his nick meant that he was an young clucker.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”