Volunteer game testers needed ASAP

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Karlis Rutins

Volunteer game testers needed ASAP

Post by Karlis Rutins »

[font="Arial"]Volunteer game testers needed ASAP[/font]

We are starting Beta Testing for two games by next week and are looking for interested and experienced testers who wish to do something interesting this summer and possibly longer, for the following two new games:

1. An innovative single player Ancient period turn-based strategy game about the Second Punic War with very rich gameplay and excellent historical detail. A good knowledge of ancient history and warfare would be helpful.

2. A new World War 2 game called Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris that puts you in command of the early German Blitzkrieg. This is a realistic historical simulation at the operational scale that connects the operational battles into a full campaign with a strategic decision layer including “what if” choices for those who wish to re-make virtual history. We are especially interested in testers who speak Polish, German and French fluently and have a good knowledge of this early period of WWII.

If you are interested and have the time to test, please send me an email that indicates your testing experience, why you would be qualified, which game you prefer to test, how many hours per week you would be available, and your computer system configuration.

You can send your email to karlisr@matrixgames.com
Visvaldis
Fred98

RE: [b][font="Arial"][size=4]Volunteer game testers needed ASAP[/size][/font][/b]

Post by Fred98 »

I have been a tester on a few games.

I have to enjoy a game to test properly. No enjoyment = poor testing.

Is Warsaw to Paris 2D? 3D? hex based ? Is it a "proper wargame" or a toy? Or is it all a secret?

-

wworld7

RE: [b][font="Arial"][size=4]Volunteer game testers needed ASAP[/size][/font][/b]

Post by wworld7 »

You may want to email your questions to him. The address is in his post.
Flipper
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

I've beta tested games like "No Greater Glory", "Medieval Lords", "Battles of Napoleon", "Champions of Kyrnn", "Death Knights of Krynn" and "Dark Queen of Krynn" and some MMORPG's.

I have a library of games that would make a poor man cry. [:D] I've been playing all types of computer games since 1982 with "Knights of the Desert" on cassette tape for the Commodore 64 being my first one. I have practically every SSI wargame and rpg game they made even if I wasn't a beta tester I still bought and collected and played the SSI series of games. My Matrixgames library includes "Forge of Freedom", "Advanced Tactics", "Panzer Command:Winter Storm", "Panzer Command:Kharkov", "Tin Soldiers:Julius Caesar", "Highway to the Reich", "Conquest of the Agean", "Conquest:Medieval", "Spartan" and "Reach for the Stars".

I've been told by game developers that I have great attention to detail when describing bugs and how I found them. As I actually look for bugs I don't apply just to play a game for free (like most do). I don't apply just to get a free game, I apply to try to make sure customers don't get games like HOI III and more recently Making History II out of the box. I'm very selective about what games I apply to beta test also.

I would be interested in the Ancients game as that is my favorite era of war history and can give it 8-10 hours a week of testing when I'm off work. I would probably give more, but, to be fair there will be other new games coming out I want to play as well like Stardocks "Elemental".

My system specs are Vista 64 service pak 2, an I7 920 PC with 3gb ddr3 memory (working on getting 6gb), an ATI 5770 video card with 1gb memory, and a 25" 2ms Hann monitor. My very own gaming room with no kids, no dogs, no cats, no wife and a window air conditioned atmosphere where my systems are cooler than ice blue coors lite (which I drink while relaxing and playing). [:'(] I can also test this on my Netbook to see if it's compatible with XP and a 1.6ghz system with only 1gb of memory. It also has a screen resolution of 1024x600 and making a game fit to that screen should be a priority as well as normal pc monitor resolutions as the netbook is becoming more and more popular.

You can send me a PM if YOU are interested in my excellent beta talents and system setup(s). [:'(]

My slogan: I beta test to make your job easier and your pockets richer. [:D]
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

ORIGINAL: Karlis Rutins

If you are interested and have the time to test, please send me an email

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

lol - well done slick. [&o] [:D]
Alba gu' brath
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

Still too busy in real life to be worth a slot testing anything, but I am curious to know how many folks here are fluent in (all of) Polish, German and French - and presumably English as well! If you are out there guys, you shouldn't be doing this for free, you hear? [;)]
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Still too busy in real life to be worth a slot testing anything, but I am curious to know how many folks here are fluent in (all of) Polish, German and French - and presumably English as well! If you are out there guys, you shouldn't be doing this for free, you hear? [;)]

I am fluent in Polish, English, wouldnt get lost in France and more than likely not need to ask directions in ancient Sumeria or Egypt....if they had street signs.....although I havent used my skills in the last two for a loooooooong bunch of years(I had lots of free time in HS).....

And yes, my favorite time period is ancients.....
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

Doesn't everyone speak English?????? [;)]
gillmant

Post by gillmant »

Well, Karlis the Swedish team is ready and willing! So count me in if you need an additional tester![:)]
//gil
The purpose of all war is peace.
- Saint Augustine, 354-430
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm

ORIGINAL: Karlis Rutins

If you are interested and have the time to test, please send me an email

You can send me a PM if YOU are interested in my excellent beta talents and system setup(s).
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Don't wait up.[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Blimey....his posts astound me at times...
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

You could really do without testers who can't read a post thoroughly enough
by Karlis Rutins
If you are interested and have the time to test, please send me an email that indicates your testing experience, why you would be qualified, which game you prefer to test, how many hours per week you would be available, and your computer system configuration.

You can send your email to karlisr@matrixgames.com
Alba gu' brath
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

As he refuses to provide any info on the game I have no interest in testing - and sending an email won't change that!

I have now provded feedback. I look forward to being critized for providing feedback.

-

-
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Consider yourself criticised! [:-]
Alba gu' brath
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

You could really do without testers who can't read a post thoroughly enough

He HAS read it thoroughly, he's just the type who finds it funny to pretend he hasn't.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

As he refuses to provide any info on the game I have no interest in testing - and sending an email won't change that!

I have now provded feedback. I look forward to being critized for providing feedback.

-

-

Lol Joe 98 that's telling em. Give em the ole [:-] [:D]
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

kno wy wud wee wan tu kow howe tu reed ore rite? Testrz r betr wen we 4get howe tu du fulisz thingz lik that..reeding n riting iz 4 sukrz......
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
MajFrankBurns

Post by MajFrankBurns »

lol AL [&o][;)]

Return to “General Discussion”