Price threads

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Prince of Eckmühl

Price threads

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

If you're concerned about the cost of the game, thank you for posting to the "Price?" thread and ignoring the several "don't buy it" vehicles with the same theme that appear on this forum. Thank you for voicing your concerns, as this is excellent feedback for the developer and publisher. [:)]

On the other hand, if you weren't so concerned about the price of BftB as to be scared away from its purchase, thank you also. But, please don't feel as though you have to defend your decision in either the "Price?" thread or its clones. I suggest this, because every time that you post a retort, you bump the "Price?" thread, or one of its clones, to the top of the news list.

This is not a good thing, as it crowds out the ability of those that purchased the product to discuss its merits, explore its intricacies, and, otherwise, get their money's worth. [:)]

And Erik, if you're out there, this is one that you can lock with my full blessing and approval. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way. [:)]
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Arjuna

RE: Price threads

Post by Arjuna »

PoE,

Thanks you for your comments, all of which I endorse bar the last one. I'm not locking this thread. That's not my style. I believe in giving an opportunity for customers and potential customers to voice their concerns. Having said that I have said all I will be saying on this subject already. I have moved on and won't be commenting further.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
billyjj

Post by billyjj »

This would have been a perfect post for the "Price?" thread, so you suggest people create new threads like you just did? Why don't you come join us in the "Price?" thread and you can brag about how much you love BftB like all the other people that spent insane amounts of money for it.
Knavery

Post by Knavery »

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

If you're concerned about the cost of the game, thank you for posting to the "Price?" thread and ignoring the several "don't buy it" vehicles with the same theme that appear on this forum. Thank you for voicing your concerns, as this is excellent feedback for the developer and publisher. [:)]

On the other hand, if you weren't so concerned about the price of BftB as to be scared away from its purchase, thank you also. But, please don't feel as though you have to defend your decision in either the "Price?" thread or its clones. I suggest this, because every time that you post a retort, you bump the "Price?" thread, or one of its clones, to the top of the news list.

This is not a good thing, as it crowds out the ability of those that purchased the product to discuss its merits, explore its intricacies, and, otherwise, get their money's worth. [:)]

And Erik, if you're out there, this is one that you can lock with my full blessing and approval. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way. [:)]

Sorry, but this is hilarious.
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
Joram

Post by Joram »

And I'd appreciate it if you could consolidate all tactics threads into one as well. 
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Boy, this game is expensive!
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

I suggest this, because every time that you post a retort, you bump the "Price?" thread, or one of its clones, to the top of the news list.

Ok, just can't let this slip by without a fun comment. Question, so you create a new thread entitled Price Thread which I am now about to bump to the top?
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

I suggest this, because every time that you post a retort, you bump the "Price?" thread, or one of its clones, to the top of the news list.

Ok, just can't let this slip by without a fun comment. Question, so you create a new thread entitled Price Thread which I am now about to bump to the top?

I needed to communicate something to folks who have purchased the game. It's directed at them. PM wouldn't be effective because there are too many of us. My comment about having this thread locked was %100 sincere. Likewise, I believe that the REAL "Price?" thread should be left open. It's my profound hope, however, that it won't be kept alive by the folks who have, or intend to, purchase the game. As is, they've continually moved it to the top of the forum, and bumped actual discussion of the game down. If this reality eludes some of our readers, heck, what is one to say? That's all.[:)]
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: billyjj
Why don't you come join us in the "Price?" thread and you can brag about how much you love BftB like all the other people that spent insane amounts of money for it.

Nah, I wouldn't want people to realize $80 is less than what their wife spends at the hairdresser's [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

Hey! What's with all these dogs?

Separate your posts folks, some of us have an aversion to canines ............
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: RayWolfe

RayWolfe? [;)]
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

It's to scare the wolfes away ... and it ain't working [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

RayWolfe? [;)]

Monsieur LeLoup to his friends of which he has many - including my two dogs which he loved to cuddle so I'm not falling for this prank of him [;)]

Which reminds me that I need to update my avatar - my dog playing HTTR is just "not done" with BFTB being out now for a measly $80 [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Eddy

I think I asked you before, but can't remember your answer...what breed is that?

I have a King Charles called Lady

Attachments
Lady.jpg
Lady.jpg (113.43 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Alba gu' brath
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Hi Billy. I hope that things are going well for you.

Have you purchased BFTB yet? And if so, what is your read on it?

Thanks,
Tony
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Hi Tony - I'm fine thanks. Just been on a nice relaxing holiday

I haven't purchased yet, no.
Alba gu' brath
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Hi Tony - I'm fine thanks. Just been on a nice relaxing holiday

I haven't purchased yet, no.

I'm holding out for the Demo to see how it runs on my six year old machine. Someday I'm going to buy a new one, but this one works OK for most applications....
Tony
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

I think I asked you before, but can't remember your answer...what breed is that?

Cavalier King Charles - a nephew of your's
I have a King Charles called Lady

Great looking dog - what's not to like in them, they're smart, friendly & obedient - completely unlike their boss [;)]

Here he is with a competing product

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Attachments
PC090189.jpg
PC090189.jpg (677.8 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: Treale

I'm holding out for the Demo to see how it runs on my six year old machine. Someday I'm going to buy a new one, but this one works OK for most applications....

Windows XP, I assume? [;)]

What will really juice up an older system like that is additional memory. Assuming that your system uses DDR2, you can get a couple of GB for less than the cost of the game. And the inexpensive upgrade will allow you to use your system for a tad longer.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Mine only has one eye...was born like it and it was going to be...erm...put to sleep for a wee while (you know what breeders are like...waste of resources, drain on finances and all that). We found out about her as the womans daughter is a friend on my kids at school...got her for nothing. Gave the woman the price of the vaccinations and that was that.

Lovely dog and yep - very obedient.
Alba gu' brath

Return to “Command Ops Series”