Multi Player

This revised and updated turn-based grand strategy game from the team at AGEOD brings players back to World War I, including both the Eastern and Western fronts and over 4 campaigns and 10 scenarios. As either a member of the Central Powers, the Entente or a neutral nation, players will confront the epic gauntlet of military and political challenges that faced the likes of Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha.
06 Maestro

Multi Player

Post by 06 Maestro »

I just checked out the new patch in a multi player game. It seems to be up to speed, although only played until August. I still have not tested this in the 4 player mode-need a few other players.

Anyway, I would like to fire up a game next weekend-we could try 4 players to see if it works. If it does-then we can proceed with that. We can have a couple of practice runs to give everyone a better idea of how the army by army activation thing works online. Then we can start a real game. I would like to do an aar with the MP game.

It is my impressions that playing with 4 humans would make the game easier and faster in the army by army mode. If you only have a nation or two to look after, you should become quite familiar with what needs to be done and who is where. With two player you could be in charge of handling 4 separate nations by yourself. In A by A mode, this can be a chore-as you need to keep track of everything. In MP games, you can get stuck because you have to search around for an army needing orders. 1 nation-easy, 2 or more and it can get complicated.

Anyway, I'm looking for interested members. If you are interested, force yourself to play A by A in single play to get the hang of it.

It might even be a good idea for players to post here as to what nation they want to play in MP mode. You can be completely familiar with France, but if you are going to play Russia, you will be facing a new animal. With that in mind, how about interested players post in this thread and include your 1st and second choice of nation.

It will be glorious.[;)] The first few turns may be rough, but after that you will have this thing figured out. Then try to survive.

BTW, I offer to host the game.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Mus

RE: Multi Player

Post by Mus »

I'm in.

Don't really care what country.

I have a final test for a class wednesday and would like to study for that with most of my spare time, but after that I can check out Army by Army activation and be ready for a game next weekend.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Excellent, Mus! Let me know when you have time.

Thomas Jefferson

NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

It's a possiblity for me but I can't say "I'm in" just yet.

I'll know better later this week.
Mus

Post by Mus »

I like the idea of doing an AAR as well.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

If we could only get one more player we would be set-to try anyway. 4X MP has not been done yet. As I said above; this should be the very best way to play the game.

Hopefully we can get a test connection before the weekend. I'll send my contact info tomorrow.

NefariousKoel-do you have a preference of nation?

In 4 player mode; Germany controls Turkey if it joins, Russia does Serbia, France does England (of course you could look at this from another angle, but France starts first[;)]) and the A/H's pick up other smaller countries when they join the CP as do the other big 3.

Thomas Jefferson

MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Definitely in at some point, but the family is traveling for soccer next weekend, so that weekend is out for me.
JR5555

Post by JR5555 »

Im in, if needed.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Allrighty then-things are shaping up. It may very well be that we can only do a test run this weekend, but that is better than nothing. In the coming weeks we should be able to work it out. Personally, I am heading into my prime gaming season of the year in just a few weeks. It will last for perhaps a month where I can be very flexible on hours or days for the game.

Great to have you on board Andrew. Of course, you realize that you cannot play Germny as you are playing Sweden in 109 [;)].

Hy Hattrick- Thanks for volunteering. This will be a trail blazing game. If you don't get into this one, we will have another soon.

BTW, what are the preferences for time in each sitting? The first three turns take a disproportionate amount of time compared to most other later turns. It could take 2 hours to do early August, August and September. Can everyone do that in one shot? After that, 2 hours might get us through half a year before things get thick again. I suspect the entire game will take about 20 to 24 hours of gaming time. After everyone has the phases figured out turns could possibly move very quickly. I am fairly certain that there are many things you can do even when you are not the active player such as; choosing political decisions, munitions planing, unit builds, economic aid, research and so on. When all players are familiar with the system (and their current situation) it may be possible to blow through 3 complete turns in an hour-it may take a while to reach that level. As you cannot move anything while another player is active, you can plan your actions while the others are doing their thing.

Thomas Jefferson

NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

You'll want to find a replacement for me, most likely.

I was possibly gonna have visitors over this weekend and it looks to be the case.

Hopefully I can jump in if another round pops up.

So give 'em hell for me.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

You'll want to find a replacement for me, most likely.

I was possibly gonna have visitors over this weekend and it looks to be the case.

Hopefully I can jump in if another round pops up.

So give 'em hell for me.

Any preference as to who should be sent to the devil?
Catcha next time.

Thomas Jefferson

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

OK-contact info sent to Mus and Jeff. We still need one more player-or perhaps the ai can do one. Maybe that will make it an ubber ai.

Thomas Jefferson

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

So, Hattrick 1 and I hooked up for a warm up game this morning. We played until Sept '14=trouble free-and without any VPN program.

The one thing; this is really an in depth game. To have the full 4 players will allow you to concentrate on a main power (or England and France together). This will be much better than having to follow fronts all around and take care of all the other little things.

And... if you want real competition-to where you are greatly threatened all the time-human opponents is the way to go-with all games. That is where the thrill is at. AI's are good for learning the game-to get the full blast, MP is the way to go.

So, come on guy's, join in.

Got Mus online now, we are going to do a quick test connect and a little play. We are going to try again tomorrow-we have 3.

Thomas Jefferson

JR5555

Post by JR5555 »

I was impressed with the game play and how easy it was to connect in, it was a blast to play this multiplayer. Anybody who likes this game single player has to try it multiplayer. Playing this game single player is like a thorough-bread race horse pulling a milk cart. The game reaches its full potential with human to human interaction, there is no comparison.

Come and join us, we use windows live to contact to each other. I believe Germany is taken and I will be one of the allies. All you have to do is be committed have some basic knowledge of the nation of youre choice (war plans etc..) and understand army by army mode.
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

So you enjoyed playing in Multiplayer mode!
And I can't because I have no public IP! Grrrr! [:@]
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: calvinus72

So you enjoyed playing in Multiplayer mode!
And I can't because I have no public IP! Grrrr! [:@]

That is really a bummer. I was considering dropping my cable service while looking at satellite or wireless service prices. I think I should do a little more research.

Playing against human commanders most certainly adds another dimension. Hopefully we will be able to get the 4X game going soon.

Thomas Jefferson

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

If anyone wants to play Germany, I am not hogging it-you can have it. I just used that in our test connections. I will be happy with Austria or Russia.

Thomas Jefferson

JR5555

Post by JR5555 »

In my opinion the most experienced player should be Germany.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: hattrick1

In my opinion the most experienced player should be Germany.

Maybe_I'm not so sure. France/Britain has some major demands; that player cannot ignore the colonial war nor the blockade/counter blockade. Germany can afford to tinker with tis fleet, but if England losses its fleet, it has lost the war. So a high level of proficiency in all things naval is a good idea for the French/Brit player.

Thomas Jefferson

JR5555

Post by JR5555 »

[/quote]

Maybe_I'm not so sure. France/Britain has some major demands; that player cannot ignore the colonial war nor the blockade/counter blockade. Germany can afford to tinker with tis fleet, but if England losses its fleet, it has lost the war. So a high level of proficiency in all things naval is a good idea for the French/Brit player.

[/quote]

I agree.

Right now with the three of us can we agree on some kind of schedule? This might make it easier for the 4th to come on board if they knew what the expectations were.

Return to “World War One Gold”