Bonus Units / Regions

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

LexLegis

Bonus Units / Regions

Post by LexLegis »

Is it just me or is there a bug with the bonus units?

1.)
According to the game manual, the "Confederation of the Rhine" does NOT include SAXONY. However, I have to include SAXONY or I do not get bonus units.

2)
What is more, I have never been able (as FRANCE) to establish the "Kingdom of Italy". Is this, because Venice had already lost two provinces to someone else before I conquered her?

3.)
Are there plans for a future update?

What I hate is the limit on the stockpile for textiles!!! I cannot build guard, diplomats and/or merchants, because of it (UCI is too high...). Why not simply do away with it? UCI is worse enough as a deterent to "guard only"-armies...
evwalt

RE: Bonus Units / Regions

Post by evwalt »

Wow, you have gotten regional bonus units from the Confederation of the Rhine? What regions did you include?

The only regional bonus units I have ever received is from Naples.
Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"
LexLegis

Post by LexLegis »

Well, to get bonus units for "Confederation of the Rhine" I had to convert provinces to protectorates (conquered provinces do not count!!!) as follows:

- all of Bavaria (Munich, Augsburg, Upper Palatinate)
- Berg
- Badenia
- Wurttemburg
- Hessia
- Nassau
- Thuringia
- Brunswick (not sure, whether it is necessary)
- Westphalia
- Saxony (the other part of "Saxony", that is "Lusatia" is not necessary)

The "Confederates" are quite useful!!!
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

1.  I just checked the data tables, and the CotR does require Saxony.  Historically Saxony joined the CotR in December of 1806.

2.  It is possible for prior conquests by other players to preclude the formation of regions.  This comes from a rule by which provinces can become detached from minor powers, a rule which is necessary to prevent paradoxical situations within the game.

3.  We are in the process of working on an update, however it is secondary priority at present due to looming deadlines on other projects.
LexLegis

Post by LexLegis »

Well that´s all nice and fair.

But if SAXONY is mandatory for the CoTR, why is it not mentioned in the game manual (see appendix for bonus units/regions)???

montesaurus

Post by montesaurus »

Hi Lex,
There is a way to beat the stockpile limits if your uci isn't too radically high!

When you get to the point that your people are using textiles, then build something like a barracks, roads, etc that uses just enough textiles to drop your peoples ravishing need for textiles! Then if your textile production is high enough the next turn you should be able to purchase that desired unit![;)]
montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792
montesaurus

Post by montesaurus »

From Lex Legis "But if SAXONY is mandatory for the CoTR, why is it not mentioned in the game manual (see appendix for bonus units/regions)??? "

You show me any manual from any computer game that is totally complete without anything missing and I'll buy it!![:'(]
montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792
Pistachio

Post by Pistachio »

ORIGINAL: montesaurus

From Lex Legis "But if SAXONY is mandatory for the CoTR, why is it not mentioned in the game manual (see appendix for bonus units/regions)??? "

You show me any manual from any computer game that is totally complete without anything missing and I'll buy it!![:'(]

Agreed. But, still, any game with details as complex as EE's tries to be, has even more reason to have a complete and accurate manual.

BTW, I'm not sure but I think maybe my old Choplifter manual was complete.[:)]
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: LexLegis
Well that´s all nice and fair.

But if SAXONY is mandatory for the CoTR, why is it not mentioned in the game manual (see appendix for bonus units/regions)???

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Apparently the person who wrote the manual made a mistake. I apologize for the confusion.
LexLegis

Post by LexLegis »

Thank you!

I have another question on the "Kingdom of Italy".

I have not been able (playing France) to estabish the KoI in any game. According to the game manual, the KoI consist of

"Veneto, Italy, Romagna and Lombardy"

I suspect, that there is either some sort of bug or there is another missing area (parma???). Am I right?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Should add Carniola to that list.
LexLegis

Post by LexLegis »

Well, that explains a lot...

Carniola is NOT Part of the region of Venice. Illyria is!

Therefore, it is impossible to establish the KoI (Kingdom of Italy) as long as one does not change the regions (by modding some files), because you CANNOT convert Carniola to a protectorate (which you must to establish a region).

I think you should include that in your next update...

All the best

LexLegis

Attachments
FrenchVoltigeur.jpg
FrenchVoltigeur.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 268 times
lucr41

Post by lucr41 »

I have also come across issues with Regional Bonus Units.

The resolution can be found in this thread:
How to fix missing regional bonus units

You will also need to lookup this thread, for a procedure on how to remove a province from a minor:
Creating the protectorate of Bavaria without Berg/Kleves/Palatinate

Return to “Tech Support”