Removing Space Monster from the game

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

nammafia

Removing Space Monster from the game

Post by nammafia »

I really hate space monsters. It does not really contribute to the game coolness. I appreciate anyone who know how to eliminate this from the game via modding, maybe. Thanks.
nammafia
BigWolfChris

RE: Removing Space Monster from the game

Post by BigWolfChris »

I don't think you can, however they can be reduced in game startup (don't know by how far they get reduced though)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

Not by a lot. Even with the minimum setting, they are still an ubiquitous plague that you pretty much have to arm every ship over.
BigWolfChris

Post by BigWolfChris »

Fair enough, I've personally not had that much problem with them
But then, I tend to have a "Monster Control" Fleet on standby anyway, which is probably why I get rid of them fast
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
mightili

Post by mightili »

I understand the OP. What kind of weird fate made scorpions the size of a planet and made them terrorize everything that flies by. No wonder they are pissed. Who wouldn't be being thrown out in to the space,
FerretStyle

Post by FerretStyle »

ORIGINAL: mightili

I understand the OP. What kind of weird fate made scorpions the size of a planet and made them terrorize everything that flies by. No wonder they are pissed. Who wouldn't be being thrown out in to the space,

That kinda information is revealed in-game, and it wouldn't make sense to get rid of them. That is, some of the triggered "storyline" events would be very out of place without their accompanying space monsters.

That said, I don't like them at all either.

Return to “Design and Modding”