Ki-44-IIB Tojo Arnament

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Athius

Ki-44-IIB Tojo Arnament

Post by Athius »

I wanted to test the effectiveness of the 40mm weapon carried by the Tojo IIB (and thus finding out if the Tojo was worth it), so I opent the guad scenario, added a Ki-44IIB group, edited the plane so it would ONLY have the 40mm canon (no mg's nothing) and started an Head to Head game.

It was then that I noticed something interesting:

For somereason the game thinks that the Tojo has 4 other 12.7 MG's (that did not show up in the editor), making the tojo the best armed fighter in the Japanse air force.

I don't know if the MG"s actually fired in combat (the unit scored 14 kills in 2 days) or if the 40mm actually hit something, but it certainly is strange.

Jasper

Attachments
Tojo.jpg
Tojo.jpg (122.77 KiB) Viewed 25 times
treespider

RE: Ki-44-IIB Tojo Arnament

Post by treespider »

Did you also upgrade the group information to reflect the changes in the aircraft the group is equipped with?
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Miller

Post by Miller »

I am almost certain the 40mm cannon is useless in the game. It would be better to keep the IIa version as it has a better manouver rating.
Athius

Post by Athius »

@ tree spider, yes I did

@ Miller, well the funny thing is; this 65 exp ki-44B squadron gained 14 kills in just 2 days combat (4 losses) , while the 90+ exp zero unit based in Lae (I was using the guad scenario as base) did not get any kills. So either this airplane was using the 2 magical MG's that weren't supposed to be there anyway, OR the 40mm launcher wasn't so useless after all
treespider

Post by treespider »

Are you absolutely positive???

You not only have to update the aircraft stats under the "Aircraft" tab in the editor....but you also have to update the aircraft stats under the "Air Groups" tab in the editor.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Athius

Post by Athius »

Yup, the aircraft tab shows the same thing: the poor plane is only armed with a 40mm canon.

Until you start the game ofcourse, when it magicaly gets a few 12.7 MG's. (divine intervention perhaps?)

Athius

Post by Athius »

Hmmm, I played another turn and suddenly the Tojo appears to have some kind of bomb.
picture

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”