[CLOSED] Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Player

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cribtop

[CLOSED] Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Player

Post by Cribtop »

I'm ready to take the plunge - my first AE PBEM. I've played WitP & AE for the last year. I'm an experienced wargamer going back to the 80s and I have studied military history my whole life but I'm sure I have a lot to learn in AE. I plan to play Japan (hey, lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for, right?). I am fully patched up including the recent version from just a few days ago.

I've put together a first turn using Scen 1 and thus could get going quickly. Can't remember all the settings I chose but I stuck with what seem the most common - here are the important ones:

1 day turns
PDU - ON
Historical 1st Turn - OFF
Dec. 7th Surprise - ON
Allow Replacements - ON (I know they squashed this bug but left this to ON out of an excess of caution - a few clicks and we can turn everything to off in game)
Withdrawals - ON
USN torps - set to "bad," can't remember if that's ON or OFF

Proposed House Rules (open to negotiations & additions):

- Only one Port attack by Japan on Turn 1 OR Japan may only use carrier based aircraft for Port attacks on Turn 1, we can discuss but I'm comfortable with either option
- Only existing Allied TFs may be given orders on Turn 1
- No strat bombing in China by Japan
- Would prefer no strat bombing in former Allied territories until 1/1/43 but this is negotiable
- Must pay PPs to cross borders (i.e. for Kwantung Army to enter China, Indian Army restricted units to enter Burma, etc.)
- Open to doing something about "stratosphere sweeps" but not sure what can be done

I will be a very dependable and honorable opponent who won't quit on you or make gamey moves and I'd hope you would reciprocate. I should be able to get turns out pretty quickly but I do travel about twice a month for my job and thus there may be one or two day stretches about twice a month where daily turns just won't be possible.
Hoplosternum

RE: Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Player

Post by Hoplosternum »

Hi Cribtop,

I will give you a game on those settings. I am fine with going for scenario 2 if you prefer.

I have not that much WITPAE experience but played a lot of WITP (mostly as allies) pbem.

I am happy with all your house rules. I don't strat bomb former allied territories so am happy to extend that to 1/1/44 or more if you like. I don't really want to be doing gamey moves / exploiting things that work much better in game than they would in real life so am happy to adjust things as we go along.

I should be able to make a turn a day and am fine with breaks for work / real life issues.

Send me a Pm if you still need an opponent.
Allies vs Belphegor Jul 43 2.5:2.5 in CVs
Allies vs Drex Mar 43 0.5:3 down in CVs
Japan vs LtFghtr Jun 42 3:2 down in CVs
Allies vs LtFghtr Mar 42 0:1 down in CVs
(SEAC, China) in 3v3 Apr 42
Allies vs Mogami Mar 42 0:1 down in CVs
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Hoplosternum,

Thanks so much for the offer, but I'm afraid a PM from another opponent got to me first. Perhaps after I get this first game up and running I'll be up for a second.
Hoplosternum

Post by Hoplosternum »

No problem. Let me know if you do [:)]
Allies vs Belphegor Jul 43 2.5:2.5 in CVs
Allies vs Drex Mar 43 0.5:3 down in CVs
Japan vs LtFghtr Jun 42 3:2 down in CVs
Allies vs LtFghtr Mar 42 0:1 down in CVs
(SEAC, China) in 3v3 Apr 42
Allies vs Mogami Mar 42 0:1 down in CVs

Return to “Opponents Wanted”