Patch 3 request, air transfers

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Fletcher

Patch 3 request, air transfers

Post by Fletcher »

Hi there !

When a air sqdrn with 12 aircrafts and 11 pilots is transfered to another airfield, it´s common to see that all aircrafts are redeployed in the transfer AF ! (i.e. 12 aircrafts with 11 pilots !! must be necesary 12 pilots)... I request than only aircrafts with pilots can be tranfered if possible.

Best wishes
Fletcher

WITP-AE, WITE
Iridium

RE: Patch 3 request, air transfers

Post by Iridium »

Why is that? It seems reasonable that some reserve pilots can help transfer aircraft that are currently without pilots. Perhaps another squadron helped out and then picked up a ride back on a transport plane, scout plane etc. The transfers seem reasonable to me as long as it's not an airgroup of 36 planes with one pilot getting all 36 aircraft to the new location.
Yamato, IMO the best looking Battleship.
"Hey, a packet of googly eyes! I'm so taking these." Hank Venture
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Doing this would just add more micromanagement IMO.
IS2m

Post by IS2m »

Are the Devs even planning a third patch? I have been seeing a lot of patch 3 request threads lately, but nothing to confirm that a new patch is even in the works.
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

As JWilkerson said, there is no fixed schedule and the focus is mainly on any bug fixes with only a few enhancements if any. That is why I'd keep any Patch 3 requests to small enhancements of the current system.
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Air transfers:

Unassigned aircraft all get transfered.
A shuttle pilot tranfers the aircraft.

The reason for this was so a player didn't have to place untrained pilots into a unit without his decision.
Note: A player can still draw a pilot , if they wish to.[;)]

Not a bug, WAD.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”