The bug with setting for no replacements

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Twotribes

The bug with setting for no replacements

Post by Twotribes »

When will it be fixed?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
michaelm75au

RE: The bug with setting for no replacements

Post by michaelm75au »

which bug??
Michael
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

when patch 3 is released until then oyu should be able to continue your game.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

It is annoying having to set the start , especially as the Japanese , to accept replacements to start.
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

It is annoying having to set the start , especially as the Japanese , to accept replacements to start.

[&:] Not sure I understand

two clicks and it's undone. If you are using Historical start you get a few replacements and then it stops. If you are using non-Historical start, there is no effect whatsoever. What am I missing?

EDIT: Well, for ground units. To turn off air unit replacements takes four more clicks and two strokes of the escape key
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: pompack

two clicks and it's undone. If you are using Historical start you get a few replacements and then it stops. If you are using non-Historical start, there is no effect whatsoever. What am I missing?

EDIT: Well, for ground units. To turn off air unit replacements takes four more clicks and two strokes of the escape key

Well the deal is that if you start the game with replacements off as the default, some units will not take replacements no matter how you set them later. It is quite a problem.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Well the deal is that if you start the game with replacements off as the default, some units will not take replacements no matter how you set them later. It is quite a problem.
Yes, but that work-around was posted some time ago. I was referring to the work-around of starting the game with replacements on and then turning them off on the first turn. It's no big deal
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

It is a very big deal if you are six months into a email game...... Most email games are already some months is progress. I have two games going, the one where replacments off was the default is providing some serious problems. The other game replacement were set to on at the beginning and there is no problem. I would advise anyone starting a game now to set the default to "replacements on" However that is too late for many of us.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
loricas

Post by loricas »

you are missing that if you play with replacement on, every unit that came in play after turn 0,
are accepting replacement.
Se la germania perde siamo perdenti. Se la germania vince siamo perduti.
If germany lose we are loser. if germany won we are lost.
G.Ciano Mussolini's foreign minister
Ciao Paolo
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Yes, with "replacments on" as the default when you start a game, all on map units and reinforcments seem to be accepting replacements normally. However, if you started the game with "replacements off" as the default then you have some problems in that a large amount of units that start the game on map will not take replacements even if you manually change them to accept replacements. Some are critical, such as the tank brigades in India and the "six" tank regiments in Oz. All start the game in place and will not accept replacements.

If you are facing an invasion of either India or Austrailia in mind 1942 (not and uncommon event) the lack of these tank units can be a critical factor. I don't know when we can expect patch 3 but if they fix this in the patch it be a big help.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Yes, with "replacments on" as the default when you start a game, all on map units and reinforcments seem to be accepting replacements normally. However, if you started the game with "replacements off" as the default then you have some problems in that a large amount of units that start the game on map will not take replacements even if you manually change them to accept replacements. Some are critical, such as the tank brigades in India and the "six" tank regiments in Oz. All start the game in place and will not accept replacements.

If you are facing an invasion of either India or Austrailia in mind 1942 (not and uncommon event) the lack of these tank units can be a critical factor. I don't know when we can expect patch 3 but if they fix this in the patch it be a big help.

As I've said elsewhere, I got the 2nd Marine Div. (a pretty crucial Allied unit) mauled at Tarawa pretty early in the game (1942), down to about 40 squads. It's still useless in Nov. 1943.

It's no real biggie to me as this is a "try out" AI game, but I'd like to have this unit useable. It was too late to fix this in my game when the bug was discovered. This seems especially irksome as Replacements Off is the default for most players with any experience, given the state of the pools early game.
If there's any way this could be done by hotfix rather than waiting for Patch 3 it would be a nice bonus.
The Moose
jb123

Post by jb123 »

wow, this is a huge problem. Now I know why some crucial units refuse to draw
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Well, if the 2nd Marine Div is not taking replacments then it becomes a much bigger issue as that unit did not start on map. Could there be other reasons for that as all of my infantry units seem to take replacments? At least in squads.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Well, if the 2nd Marine Div is not taking replacments then it becomes a much bigger issue as that unit did not start on map. Could there be other reasons for that as all of my infantry units seem to take replacments? At least in squads.

It might be an artifact of me starting in Patch 1, and still playing after Patch 2 and three hotfixes. I believe at one time it was at 30-32 squads, and now it's been sitting at 40 for at least eight months. It's combined from the regiments, at PH, HQed to Pac Flt, in Rest, has a very high status CO (don't recall w/o looking.) The pool has something like 140 squads of USCM 43 infantry.

Some time ago it was suggested that I turn off all other USMC units' replacements, as well as base forces with USMC squads as a device. I did that, but there was no rebuild over several weeks, so I turned them back on.

It may be there's something horked in the regimental combination code that also is affected by shifting from USMC 42 to USMC 43, all across the four updates since the game began. Or it could be related to this bug in this thread. I don't know. As I said, it's not a game killer, but I was surprised to hear that there's a bug relating to starting with the default setting in a pretty major game mechanic.
The Moose
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

what?? [X(]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I slept on this post, and this morning re-thought my answer. It is strange.

I checked on a fresh Scenario 1 game, and all of the regiments of the 2nd Div. start on-map except one, which is 159 days out. The on-map units are under 100%, some very much under.

In my game I turned on replacements for the onb-map LCUs, as regiments, and the on-map regiments filled out. When the 6th Reg. arrives at San Diego it's already fully filled out. I moved everything to PH, combined into the 2nd Div. and sent it to Tarawa, where it got mauled. I moved it back as the 2nd Div., left it combined, and it has only filled out about 8 squads in 1.5 years.

I'm wondering if I broke it back up into A/, B/, C/ Divs if it might start to fill up. I'll try that. That still seems like a bug if it works, however.
The Moose
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

what?? [X(]

I believe the current problem is that starting with all replacements off, any unit that upgrades it's TOE and has newer versions of squads/weapons/guns/AFV's, etc, after the upgrade, the upgraded item does not draw replacements.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

I slept on this post, and this morning re-thought my answer. It is strange.

I checked on a fresh Scenario 1 game, and all of the regiments of the 2nd Div. start on-map except one, which is 159 days out. The on-map units are under 100%, some very much under.

In my game I turned on replacements for the onb-map LCUs, as regiments, and the on-map regiments filled out. When the 6th Reg. arrives at San Diego it's already fully filled out. I moved everything to PH, combined into the 2nd Div. and sent it to Tarawa, where it got mauled. I moved it back as the 2nd Div., left it combined, and it has only filled out about 8 squads in 1.5 years.

I'm wondering if I broke it back up into A/, B/, C/ Divs if it might start to fill up. I'll try that. That still seems like a bug if it works, however.

Check to see if any of the devices in the 2nd Div have upgraded, and are the one's not drawing replacements now.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Explain how as the allies I can use 2 clicks to turn off ALL replacements to all land, air units and HQs. Please.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Explain how as the allies I can use 2 clicks to turn off ALL replacements to all land, air units and HQs. Please.

Type 'g' to open up the display of all ground units. Click on the appropriate button at the bottom.

Return to “Tech Support”