Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JohnDillworth

Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers

Post by JohnDillworth »

In a few months ll of my carriers are scheduled to receive 36 Corsairs. Historically, Corsairs replaced Avengers (I think). As these reinforcements are showing as going directly to a carrier what will happen on the day they arrive. Not all of these carriers are scheduled for refit.
thanks

Attachments
Corsair.jpg
Corsair.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
rjopel

RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers

Post by rjopel »

The Corsairs were assigned as a 4th squadron. An addition not a replacement. As for how they show up I don't know.
Ryan Opel
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

The Corsairs were assigned as a 4th squadron. An addition not a replacement. As for how they show up I don't know.
OK, it looks like Hellcats go from 42 to 32, Avengers from 18 to 15 and Helldivers from 32 to 15 In January 45. Got to see how the mechanics work out in the game. Historically this gave much more flexibility as there was a greater need for fighters and/or ground attack aircraft. Either role the Corsair excelled at. Anyway, they did not need as many ship killers.
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
FOW

Post by FOW »

They replace half of the DB squadron.

you'll end up with (I think) 36 F, 36 FB, 16 DB, 15 TB
Panther Bait

Post by Panther Bait »

So, when does the Galactica get its first Viper squadron?
When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Thanks for noticing. I thought it was a good name until I guy in antoher thread points out that he names his after Japanese carriers he has sunk. So he has the USS Shokaku!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth
Thanks for noticing. I thought it was a good name until I guy in antoher thread points out that he names his after Japanese carriers he has sunk. So he has the USS Shokaku!

Yeah, but USS Pegasus? Bad juju.
The Moose
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

John,

Are you bragging about your newfound toys? [:D] As a Japanese PBEM player, you can keep your fancy schmancy corsairs on your 'USS My Pretty Pony'. Show off...[:'(]
Panther Bait

Post by Panther Bait »

Yeah, stay away from Commander Cain.  Either one of them.  They're both crazy and will get you killed (or kill you herself in new BSG)
When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”