what?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
freeboy

what?

Post by freeboy »

demo not installing icon to launch..
Go to config.. vista laptop
Run as admin each config, set to a low res listed and the demo..
Get line 54 error?
No other game gives me this much greif just to install a demo!
I have the uac deactivated as well
any ideas?
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

RE: what?

Post by freeboy »

ok, reinstalled demo, turned off anti virus,ran as Admin etc etc  all option now exhausted...
This unworkable game is another example of a not done and unworkable game being released, shame on all involved, and Yes I did spend about three hours on and off Forums here and at Ageod, seems lots of folks cannot get it to work.... So, if this ever gets a real GOLD, ie a working game that installs, I will be the first to congratulate its creators...

"Tanks forward"
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

Technically: I understand you have a debug assertion failed on line #54 of fopen.c file.

It means the game fails opening a file.

You have reinstalled the Demo, right?

So only two reasons:
- the Demo installer is corrupted and one or more files are not properly installed, or
- you are running the Demo on a Vista 64, not compatible.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok,.. Did not see that the game is not compatable wiht VISTA! sorry to be pissed off, but reallyu it wont run aon my decent vista 64 system? wow.. ok, the game actually looks good, interesting blend of tactics/strategy.. diplomacy and production... with the re release.. GOLD edition... I sure hope you make it playable on v64 and w7 systems.... word, it takes a lot to discourage avaid gamers, but once you lose a good name its a very hard thing to recover... HOI3 case in point.... I again apologise for not goingto you directly, but I cannot remember my PW at Ageod and its been forever since I played the civil war and BOA, two fine titles..
So is there any hope for v64 systems in AGEOD land?
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

last try today! I tried the compatibility drop down, still unhappy and refuses to launch!
"Tanks forward"
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

Don't you have another PC with Windows Vista 32 where to try the Demo?
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

that is the goal, are all core 2 duo or multi core machine going to have vista 64? Seems I should be able to fine a new desktop with fast speed that avoids the pitfalls of  vista LOL! Thanks again
"Tanks forward"
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

The error you get (line #54 of fopen.c) is an internal error of Windows libraries. fopen.c source file is not developed by me, but it's inside the standard development libraries provided by MS Visual Studio. This error occurs because the file the game is trying to open does not exist (corrupted installation failure) or cannot be accessed (UAC or incompatibility problem).

So, before spending your money, I strongly suggest you to download again the Demo Installer, in order to be sure you have a Demo Installer not corrupted, and try it on a PC of a friend of yours, running Vista 32 or Windows XP (2 GB RAM required).
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok, just falied for the tenth time, this time on a fully loaded XP quad core machine! Please let me know when you have a game that I can try, heck I may send you my 35$ just to support your efforts!

note 35$ is current sale price!
u take paypal?
"Tanks forward"
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

I'm going to download the Demo, just to see if there's something broken inside that file.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

thanks, sory this look great!
"Tanks forward"
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

ORIGINAL: freeboy
I sure hope you make it playable on v64 and w7 systems

I'm in the midle of downloading the demo now. The system Requirements states OS: Windows 7.
Is that true or not?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

World War One Gold works fine on Windows 7 in our experience and Windows 7 is a supported OS.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
morleron1225

Post by morleron1225 »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

that is the goal, are all core 2 duo or multi core machine going to have vista 64? Seems I should be able to fine a new desktop with fast speed that avoids the pitfalls of  vista LOL! Thanks again

FWIW, I've got WWI Gold running on an HP dv9500t laptop running 64-bit Vista on a dual core Intel processor. I had a couple of installation problems which were solved when I turned off my AV program prior to the last install. There seems to be something in the install which is interfered with by the AV program and resulted in my getting the same assertion error that was reported above. Now that the game is installed it seems to be quite happy running under 64-bit Vista.

I hope this helps.

Ron
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
GnuPG public key available at: pgp.mit.edu

Return to “Tech Support”