WPO engine continuous turn cycle issue

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

TDeacon

WPO engine continuous turn cycle issue

Post by TDeacon »

I've had this game since it came out, but put it aside for various reasons. I am now giving the game a 2nd chance, and am practicing gameplay in one of the campaigns set on "continuous" turn cycle, with no animations or combat summaries, and delays set as map scroll = 2-s, message delay = 1/10-s, other delays set at 1-s. The idea was to allow the game to run until something interesting happened, and then stop it with <f9> to issue orders.

Unfortunately, I have issues with the game screen when running in continuous mode. Basically, the game seems to run slowly on my hardware (3 GHz Dell P5, running on XP), such that a day takes nearly 2 minutes (June 1, 1926). This duration might be acceptable if the game would allow me to focus a specific portion of the map (studying things for my next move), but instead the game insists on jumping from one location to another every second or so, as events occur in those locations.

Is there any way to either speed the game up (via preferences settings) or to keep the game area view from jumping from Palau to Batan to San Diego every second? As it is, this continuous mode is not enjoyable, as one is almost completely divorced from the game experience while the game is running (might have well have one's eyes closed).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Mark Hinds
Mark Hinds
TDeacon

RE: WPO engine continuous turn cycle issue

Post by TDeacon »

Ignore this post. I posted a related version in WitP-AE, where there is more posting activity.
Mark Hinds

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”