** NEW ** VIDEO AAR 1941 - 1944 (BOTH FIRST & SECOND YEAR)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Japan

** NEW ** VIDEO AAR 1941 - 1944 (BOTH FIRST & SECOND YEAR)

Post by Japan »

VIDEO - 1941 - 1944 ***** NEW *****
BOTH FIRST + SECOND YEAR FILM

My and Airgriff's game have now entered February 1944, and I have made a new Video covering from Jan 1943 to Feb 1944.

The Video goes into very great detail, about the happenings during our war, and it shows every operation in great detail, listing OOB's as well as Combat Results ect. and I covered it all to the best of my knowledge and to the best to my ability.

I have below 2 link's, the first link is the Video covering from 1941 - 1944 - The Entire War.
It consist of the Original AAR First Year Movie + The New AAR Second Year Movie.
This Film is recommended for the ones who have not seen my previous film.

The second link is AAR The Second Year (Only), and it covers from 1 JAN 1943 - 1 FEB 1944 and it is recommended for the ones who have seen the first film.

(Recommended) FILM: AAR - The Entire War (so far) 1941 - 1944 - // The Detail Level is Advanced, Film's Duration: 45 min (160MB)
http://files.filefront.com/4144zip/;138 ... einfo.html

FILM: AAR - The Second Year (only) 1943 - 1944 - // The Detail Level is Advanced, Film's Duration: 28 min (90MB)
http://files.filefront.com/4344zip/;138 ... einfo.html

Enjoy

AAR VIDEO
THE FIRST YEAR + THE SECOND YEAR
tm.asp?m=2133035&mpage=1&key=&
Feinder

RE: ***NEW*** VIDEO - 1941 - 1944 (BOTH FIRST & SECOND YEAR)

Post by Feinder »

Very well done Japan!

If anyone is intimidated by DL'ing Japan's .wav file (the whole thing is over a hundred megs), he's put a lot of work into it; it's quite good. Combination of maps and historical photographs.

Very good job Japan. Thanks for sharing.

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Treznor

Post by Treznor »

Bravo sir, Bravo  Well done narration of your campagin [;)]

"Something 'witty' inserted here"
FeurerKrieg

Post by FeurerKrieg »

I also recommend this. haven't watch year 2 yet (downloading now), but I was really impressed with year one way back when Japan first posted it.

Thanks for all the effort on this, Japan!! [&o]
Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
jonreb31

Post by jonreb31 »

Excellent AAR and well made video. Must have taken a lot of work, and I applaud you.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next year. :)
thegreatwent

Post by thegreatwent »

Nicely done!
AirGriff

Post by AirGriff »

Ah. Now consider how much time my esteemed opponent put into creating that outstanding documentary and multiply the effort by about 10 and you would begin to get an inkling of what he puts into the game. See what I'm dealing with?? [X(][:(][X(][:(]

AirGriff

Post by AirGriff »

All joking aside, we have a great game going, as the film depicts. This is the furthest I've gotten in a PBEM, but I think I'm holding up moderately well thanks to the volumes of help from the forum. I'll throw in some thoughts from the Allied perspective.

My greatest debacle is India. Japan outplayed me there from the very start. I was soundly beaten in Burma, which is usually the case with an experienced Japanese player, but he got me better than most I think. I lost so many troops in Burma and Malaya I couldn't mount a good defense against his steamroller in India later in '42. I retreated back into Karachi and held onto Malir (2 hexes out of Karachi, Big B extended map). So, I couldn't even contemplate a counter offensive there until late '43. I assumed he was concentrating on the Pacific, and maybe he was by the sounds of it, but when I started my offensive in hopes of pushing at least through middle India I quickly discovered things were going to get very ugly. I toyed with the idea of a US landing in Burma or Malaya to open another front, but it was clear he had the jump on me in moving substantial forces to the area and it would take me a minimum of a month just to get a strong force together and start heading that way from North OZ. By that time, he would have had my Indian forces pushed back into Karachi and could then turn to deal with the amphib force.

So, I've been soundly trounced in SEA at almost every turn. Japan and his team offered a theory that the British government would have likely had a big change with all the defeats they were enduring in the Pacific and that would possibly cause them to look for a way out of hostilities with Japan. I know this is surely a highly controversial subject, but considering the magnitude of the disaster I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Britain would have requested a ceasefire--probably not, but possibly so. I figured, well, why not? Japan played a superb game in that theatre and it COULD have happened that way, and it WOULD make an interesting twist to the game. I did have some counter points, however. If the Brits were going to throw in the towel in the Pacific, then Admiral King and his followers of the Pacific first strategy were going to get their way. That meant I was going to need a big boost in my OOB. We decided Japan would land forces on the West Coast and accelerate my reinforcement schedule 90 days after India went quiet (still have about a month and a half to go). Poof, I will get all my reinforcements for the next 180 days in one day. Before everyone ooohs and ahhhs, consider that I barely have the transport to keep up with the reinforcements arriving as it is, but I'm making plans to help with that and it should be ok. I can post the agreement regarding this if it's ok with Japan and folks care to see it. It is a fairly detailed paper.

Anyway, that's what I get for focusing too much on the US side of the map, though I'd say I'm well ahead of historical there as the film depicts. It's the end of Jan '44 and I have all the Solomon's, New Guinea and am pushing north into the DEI and PI areas.

I know that the India thing has really put the game into an incredibly different path than history, but it is going to be quite interesting.

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

dloading the 2 videos now and am intrested to see my first AAR video. thanks for the effort, "japan san".[&o]
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

Nice that you completed it...

I wanted to do a Video-AAR sime time ago, but I gave up the work as it prooved way to ambitios. I started splitting all my original Videos to have seperate clips for naval battles, land bombardement, sinkings, dogfights... - and gave up before one single Minute was completed [;)]
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Thanks for the PM Japan, enjoyed the new video tremendously
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Cuttlefish

RE: VIDEO AAR 1941 - 1944 (BOTH FIRST & SECOND YEAR)

Post by Cuttlefish »

Nicely done! It clearly and entertainingly shows the progress of what looks like a heck of a game. Your wife did a nice job on the narration, too.
rominet

Post by rominet »

Thanks Japan, very nice video i can watch now[;)]
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

It also reflect the very important lesson about PBEM - you must communicate with your opponent.  You guys have stuck out a tough game, and allowed it to continue to "evolve" keeping it entertaining for both players.

Kudos to both of you for your sportsmanship.

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

AirGriff

Post by AirGriff »

Thanks, Feinder. You're right about good communication with your opponent. We have certainly enhanced our house rules from what was agreed to in the beginning. Unthought of issues arise as the game progresses and original issues morph into different ones. Currently, we are discussing the early arrival of Kamikaze's, though I'm not sure they really need addressing. I'm lucky to have a good natured opponent who is willing to discuss things as the game flowers into the beautiful mess it is right now.
Japan

Post by Japan »

Yup, Good Communication is everything to a good game.

Anyway folks, thanks for all the good words.
AAR VIDEO
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

I downloaded the movies a couple of times to different machines and I get always CRC errors while unpacking. Any one else experiencing this problem?

Maybe somebody could upload them to a different location like rapidshare? I'd appreciate it. [:)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

Durbik

Post by Durbik »

crc fail here also
obey the fist!
Japan

Post by Japan »

ORIGINAL: Durbik

crc fail here also

Roger Are now in prosess of uploading them aigan.
AAR VIDEO
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

no need to unpack it. just dload it and start it with VLC player.

here the dload link:

http://www.chip.de/downloads/VLC-media- ... 05928.html

Return to “After Action Reports”