Stop building units!!!

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

brucesim2003

Stop building units!!!

Post by brucesim2003 »

Hi guys,

Got a small problem with my Spanish game. I've conquered Portugal and Gibraltar, but nothing else. I've got all experts turned off (I think - no cross is off?). Simple economy. But I keep getting new units being built that I didn't order! I have disbanded 1/4 my army cause I cant afford to pay for them, but I have units coming out the wazzoo, and it's driving the unit price up...it's up to 120% and climbing. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Bruce
Maulet

RE: Stop building units!!!

Post by Maulet »

ORIGINAL: brucesim2003

Hi guys,

Got a small problem with my Spanish game. I've conquered Portugal and Gibraltar, but nothing else. I've got all experts turned off (I think - no cross is off?). Simple economy. But I keep getting new units being built that I didn't order! I have disbanded 1/4 my army cause I cant afford to pay for them, but I have units coming out the wazzoo, and it's driving the unit price up...it's up to 120% and climbing. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Bruce

the no-core provinces build units without any order of you.

In my game, portugal and part of italy are building units too.
brucesim2003

Post by brucesim2003 »

ORIGINAL: Maulet

Hi guys,

Cheers

Bruce

the no-core provinces build units without any order of you.

In my game, portugal and part of italy are building units too.

Problem is, it's also happening in Spain as well!

Cheers

Bruce
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

This seems to be an issue that a lot of people comment on.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
Matto

Post by Matto »

It is done by feudal due ... if is high, provincies are building military, infantry and cavalry units alone ... best to use like reinforcements for core army

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Matto, yes.  But it would perhaps be nice to have a way to turn it off and tell the troops to stay home. :)
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
gexmex

Post by gexmex »

I'm not hugely experienced with this, but in the manual doesn't it say that if you lower your military readiness those units will cease to be produced? Or is that just the case with the levies?
brucesim2003

Post by brucesim2003 »

ORIGINAL: Matto

It is done by feudal due ... if is high, provincies are building military, infantry and cavalry units alone ... best to use like reinforcements for core army

I dont think this is the case, because they are being added to the build queue, not appearing spontaneously. A bit annoying when my only level 5 barracks is full for a year and I want a corps[:@].

Cheers

Bruce
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Interesting.  Are feudal units added to the build queue?
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
brucesim2003

Post by brucesim2003 »

No, just infantry (line), light cavalry and artillery.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

I dont think this is the case, because they are being added to the build queue, not appearing spontaneously. A bit annoying when my only level 5 barracks is full for a year and I want a corps[:@].

Yeah, that can be a problem if you get to level 5 in April - July, maybe longer.

You can always add a unit to the queue. If you can do it in March before the levy, it'll be first in. But, if there's a few units ahead of your corps, you're pretty much stuck.

Maybe the moral of the story is to get a couple more 5 barracks as early as you can.

You're point, however, is well taken.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Hold on.  What do level 5 barracks do?  :)  I am missing something.
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
gexmex

Post by gexmex »

methinks you need those to build corps
dude

Post by dude »

Plus each level of barracks adds to a new units moral... so I hate it when my high level barracks get's taken over by the local burgemeister for his idea of troop production... [:@]
“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant
arras

Post by arras »

If I remember correctly, lowering readiness in CoG to less than 100% disabled feudal levy. 99% would do the job and then feudal levy happens only in May I think.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”