Birth of America 2 is Updated

Birth of America 2: Wars in America is the much expanded reprise of veteran developer AGEOD’s acclaimed first release, which allows players to command either side of the conflicts before, during and after the American War for Independence between 1636 and 1815. Apart from the engaging turn-based strategy play that has been expanded and vastly improved over the original, Birth of America 2: Wars in America includes major new features like an improved and expanded map including the Mississippi River, new European off-map boxes (France, Great Britain, Spain, Holland) and more.
SeanD

Birth of America 2 is Updated

Post by SeanD »

Fixes, AI improvements, and some new features now good to go.

Matrix Games and AGEOD (www.ageod.com) are pleased to release the 1.04c update for Birth of America 2. The comprehensive update includes a handful of fixes and AI improvements in addition to a few rule changes and new features. More specifically, forts may be constructed anywhere now, not just in a city, several regions on the map can now inhibit naval movement if a fort is present, the AI's agression is reduced in Winter months, and much more!

Get the update here.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
freeboy

RE: Birth of America 2 is Updated

Post by freeboy »

If I getthe current DL, will this patch be included? for the new purchase? considering this as a play agaisnt ai game... thanks
"Tanks forward"
Arsan

Post by Arsan »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

If I getthe current DL, will this patch be included? for the new purchase? considering this as a play agaisnt ai game... thanks

Hi freeboy!
I'm pretty sure the game you download from Matrix will not be updated to the latest patch.
But you can easily update the game to the latest patch with the "Update" button you will find on the main game menu.
Or if you prefer, download the patch from AGEOD forums:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15566

In fact the update announced here (1.04c) is pretty old. The latest offical patch is 1.06 and it adds lots of improvements and tweaks in the scenarios. Many of the changes are specially tailored to play against the AI [:)]

You may also find interesting downloading and updating with the latest Interim update (a kind of semi-official pre 1.07 patch) with lots of interesting new fixes and improvements. You can find it here

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16062

Cheers!
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

thanks... this is a maybe, dueto time constraints.. but the price is GREAT!
"Tanks forward"
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

This 2009 update is the latest, correct? It would also already be patched if I bought the game a few months ago, correct? The reason I ask is that AGEOD just sent me an e-mail based on the latest (of many) crash reports advising me to install the latest patch. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
These biting remarks brought to you by Terry and his troops: Legio K IX, King Sarge II Commanding
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

As far as I know 1.07b (released April 2010) is the latest non-beta patch.

Available here http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17206

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

That should already be pre-patched too, though, correct? I'm thinking that patching an already patched version will break it.
These biting remarks brought to you by Terry and his troops: Legio K IX, King Sarge II Commanding
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

As far as I know 1.07b is a comprehensive patch that can be applied over any version from 1.01 onwards to bring it up to 1.07b and can be applied to both the AGEOD and Matrix releases. From my experience Matrix doesn't generally pre-patch downloads, the version of WiA you would get if you bought and downloaded today would be 1.01b thus you would need to apply the patch separately with 1.07b being the most up to date version.

P.S. You can check what version you have currently got in the bottom right of the loading screen when you fire up the game. I suspect you may still be on 1.01 thus the problems you have been experiencing.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

Thanks; I thought it was MATRIX policy to have the games updated to the latest official patch.  I already downloaded the patch when you first posted the link - I'm in the middle of a scenario so it'll have to wait a bit and I needed to read that it wouldn't be likely to cause problems.  I suppose ifit were already patched, it'd just resave the same files anyway.  
Warsage

Post by Warsage »

Thanks for the information.
Las vallas nunca serán lo bastante altas si al otro lado hay hambre. (The fence will never be high enough if the other side is hungry.)
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

The link on the page that Wolfe links to does not work. I get a 404 error.

Is there anywhere else to find patch 1.07? At AGEOD they only have version 1.04

Thanks.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Hi Max... I think AGEOD kept updating until 1.10e see if this is what you're looking for... hope it helps.

'link no longer active'

Edit: AGEOD forum moved....see post 15
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

Thank you, Jack!
rbilheimer

Post by rbilheimer »

Hi... I hope somebody can help here... I just bought BiA2/WiA from Matrix. It came with version 1.01b. I patched it to 1.04c with the only patch that I could find on the Matrix site. However, this forum keeps talking about a version 1.10e as the latest. Jack54 provided a link to it above, but it no longer works, nor do any of the other patch links that I could find here or on the AGEOD forum. How do I get the latest version?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: GBurg Bullet

Hi... I hope somebody can help here... I just bought BiA2/WiA from Matrix. It came with version 1.01b. I patched it to 1.04c with the only patch that I could find on the Matrix site. However, this forum keeps talking about a version 1.10e as the latest. Jack54 provided a link to it above, but it no longer works, nor do any of the other patch links that I could find here or on the AGEOD forum. How do I get the latest version?

Go to this thread on the AGEOD boards - http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=43333

scroll down and you'll see the 1.10e patch (Nov 2012).

This - http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=26945 - also gives access and had a change log too.

Later in that thread - this post: http://www.ageod-forum.com/posting.php? ... 0&p=263467 gives a quick fix (not sure if the opening download ever got updated). You might want to read the surrounding discussion as it wasn't liked by everyone so never became official.

Hope this helps

Return to “Birth of America 2: Wars in America”