Is "Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition" your first WCS game?

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gil R.

Is "Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition" your first WCS game?

Post by Gil R. »

We're curious how many of you were owners of the original "Crown of Glory," how many of you own our Civil War game "Forge of Freedom," and how many have owned both. Please choose the answer that applies, though only upon purchase of the game. (If you are 100% certain that you will be buying COG:EE, but only once the recession ends or your portfolio of auto, newspaper and banking stocks rebounds, please wait until that time...)

Thanks for your responses!
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Crimguy

RE: Is "Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition" your first WCS game?

Post by Crimguy »

Shoot - take one off the FOF vote. I hadn't read the post - I just habitually vote on things . . . I own FOF but haven't purchased COG:EE yet, and won't be buying for a bit (my gaming dollars are going into AE and MWIF first . . .

Post by PDiFolco »

Hello
Got all your games Gil (even if I didn't buy CoG, got a review copy - and made a review !) ! But I do get 99% of all PC wargames produced, so I'm not really representing the customer base [:-][:'(]
In fact CoGEE is dling now, a bit slowly though (<200K/sec, my connection is 600Ko, this seems a success if the server is so taxed..). [>:]
Well, really I'm more and more impressed by WCS games : COG was a bit rough on the edges, with some missing features and an improvable interface, FoF showed numerous improvements on the same general game design, COG EE - from the posts and AARs- seems to be now "one step beyond" .
Keep on the good work !

PDF
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

This kind of caught me off guard.&nbsp; I haven't played FOF in a long while (shame on me!) and came here to see if a patch for it had been released and see this game! I love FOF so much I had to buy it. I can't wait to give it a try.&nbsp;
Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

I purchased FoF long after it's release, and not being a real big wargamer, I loved it(although i am a paradox fanboi). I do not own CoG, but I am off to purchase CoG:EE right now as I see it's released!
Fanaticism obliterates the feelings of humanity.
Edward Gibbon
hadberz

Post by hadberz »

I have FoF and now CoG EE. I heard great things about CoG, but just never got around to getting it. I'm not missing out this time.&nbsp;[:)]
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63d Bios)
32 GB G-Skill DDR4 3200
MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6950 XT 16GB
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro
Zap

Post by Zap »

I voted FOf take my vote off. Should have read your intro before voting. Have not purchased COG EE
terje439

Post by terje439 »

FoF->CoG->CoG:EE [:)]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Now, I know for an absolute fact that more than 80 people have bought this game...
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I have the hamburger with the lot [:D]
Ron
Formerly Goodwood

Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

Cog:EE first time wcs player.
Art by the amazing Dixie
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

I finally bought FoF about 4 months ago and CoG EE a week ago. Never played FoF yet, but am getting lots of use from CoG EE.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

staryhrac30

Post by staryhrac30 »

Hi,
COG:EE is my first game from WCS. Also it is the first one I purchased from Matrix.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

I own COG, FoF and COGEE. Favorite so far is COGEE.
ithuriel2

Post by ithuriel2 »

Own FoF, CoG, and CoG EE. Will enjoy CoG EE more when minor problems sorted out.
Detailed combat in all 3 is the best I have encountered in all the strategy games played. I used to rate the Total War series quite high but they fail miserably when it comes to diplomacy.
I find the development of province resources somewhat slow and tedious in CoG EE, especially with regard to textiles as the production of quality military units depends too much on textiles, and by the time one has one's military units up to a high standard the game length is virtually over.
How about game events which boost production significantly, or when one captures a province there is a stache of resources one obtains ? Also Terms of Surrender could include a demand for certain resources from a conquered nation.
Louis

"One might as well try to charge through a wall."
- Napoleon, on St Helena, regarding the British Infantry
AttuWatcher

Post by AttuWatcher »

Just purchased COGEE. First WCS game, second Matrix game after AE.

Bought this as an alternative to garbage (IMHO) like Victoria, EU, and Empire Total War.

Hope it does not disappoint, I'm optimistic!
RyanCrierie

Post by RyanCrierie »

We're curious how many of you were owners of the original "Crown of Glory," how many of you own our Civil War game "Forge of Freedom," and how many have owned both.

Bought Forge of Freedom first; liked the way you did things in both grand strategic control, and then allowed us to have brigade-level battles. [:D]

I then recently bought COG:EE for myself for christmas -- I shall have to learn more about the Napoleonic wars -- this is a period I know little to nothing about; other than "Napoleon conquers europe, invades russia, loses; is exiled, comes back, fights Waterloo, then gets exiled permanently" [:'(]
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

I own COG and FOF but not COGEE. Hope Santa is reading this! You guys make great games. Keep up the good work. What else does Western Civ have in the pipeline?
No problem Chief!
Gen.Hoepner

Post by Gen.Hoepner »

Bought FOF when it came out. Being playin it for months and months. Great game.
After this great gaming adventure i decided to give COG a try...bought it last week and it's ruining my nights and my sleep [;)]&nbsp;...my sexual and love life is suffering too...but who cares? Life has its priorities [8D]
&nbsp;
WC is on my Top list right now along with Gary G.
&nbsp;
Thanks guys
Gen.Hoepner

Post by Gen.Hoepner »

I wanted to right COGEE, not COG

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”