Surrender!

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Wasserman

Surrender!

Post by Wasserman »

Just wanted you guys to know, I surrender. I have been looking for a game like WWI for a while and when I found it I was excited to try it. Unfortunately, I was scared off by the early release problems, plus the fact that I could not access a manual in any version to see if I would like it.

I have since downloaded the demo version and then later, two patches for the demo (1.05f and most recently, 1.06). I also have both the short and long version of the manual. Finally.

Guys, this is no way to sell a game! I have yet to play a session that did not eventually end in a crash, in every version of the demo. I admit I include the crashes that occur due to the screen saver issue, but sometimes I have to do things like walk away from the computer for ten minutes, and the game is so slow to load that I am loathe to save and exit. In any event, even a normal session ends with a crash. I haven't made it past 1915. Not even once.

I will post some technical glitches I have found with Ageod on their forum. I will not buy this game until the problems are fixed. I do not have the skill or patience to be a tester. Thanks for posting demo versions so I can decide for myself. If I had been a paying customer, I would just ask for my $$$ back.

On the plus side, this could be an excellent game someday. I hope Ageod gets it together, but my inexpert guess is that this will not be a stable, playable game for many more months.

I will visit often, and hope. Maybe you guys could post a sticky when you feel as the distributor that this game is up to snuff for a real commercial release.

Thanks for listening!
Gray_Lensman

RE: Surrender!

Post by Gray_Lensman »

ORIGINAL: Wasserman

Just wanted you guys to know, I surrender. I have been looking for a game like WWI for a while and when I found it I was excited to try it. Unfortunately, I was scared off by the early release problems, plus the fact that I could not access a manual in any version to see if I would like it.

I have since downloaded the demo version and then later, two patches for the demo (1.05f and most recently, 1.06). I also have both the short and long version of the manual. Finally.

Guys, this is no way to sell a game! I have yet to play a session that did not eventually end in a crash, in every version of the demo. I admit I include the crashes that occur due to the screen saver issue, but sometimes I have to do things like walk away from the computer for ten minutes, and the game is so slow to load that I am loathe to save and exit. In any event, even a normal session ends with a crash. I haven't made it past 1915. Not even once.

I will post some technical glitches I have found with Ageod on their forum. I will not buy this game until the problems are fixed. I do not have the skill or patience to be a tester. Thanks for posting demo versions so I can decide for myself. If I had been a paying customer, I would just ask for my $$$ back.

On the plus side, this could be an excellent game someday. I hope Ageod gets it together, but my inexpert guess is that this will not be a stable, playable game for many more months.

I will visit often, and hope. Maybe you guys could post a sticky when you feel as the distributor that this game is up to snuff for a real commercial release.

Thanks for listening!

Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems, however you might find this repost from the AGEod forums rather interesting. Before you "surrender" you might give this a try first.

Initially posted by "patrat" on the AGEod formum board:
i have an 5 1/2 year old computer.

when i first tried playing the game i used the default wego mode and experianced frequent crashes even though i disabled as much stuff running in the background as possiable, including the AV.

the 1.06 patch improved things, but i still had a couple of crashes.

yesterday i tried my hand at the army by army mode.

wow what i differance. i literally played for many hours without a single crash. no more of the dreaded "world war one has encountered a problem" messages. whats more i played all those hours with my computer running all the normal programs in the baskground. i didnt have to shut a bunch of stuff (AV etc) just to be able to play.

after playing with the AI aggressivness a little i noticed a nice side benifet. the AI acts much more rationally in army by army mode. no more whole sale withdrawls from large sections of their front for no reason.

so my advice is that if you have an old computer, and have had problems with crashes. give army by army mode a chance.

imo its not only more worry free, its much more realistic.
You've GOT to hold them back!

Return to “Tech Support”