How can I get my serial number?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
morphine

How can I get my serial number?

Post by morphine »

I have a new tower and I want to install my copy of GGWAW but I can't find my serial number. Is there a way I can get it from Matrixgames?

Thanks
JAMiAM

RE: How can I get my serial number?

Post by JAMiAM »

As this is an older title, that was also released to retail, you might have a few possibilities.

If you bought the retail version, then it should be on the paper sleeve cover that was in the box. You were smart and didn't throw away your sleeve, right?

If you bought the boxed version directly from Matrix then it should be printed on the cd.

If you bought a digital download copy, then it should be in the email confirmation letter that you received when you ordered it. And you were smart and kept the email, right? Or, failing that, you were smart, backed up the installer on another media, along with a txt file with the serial number in it, right?.

If you weren't smart and neglected to keep the documentation, and you still have it installed on your old system, then you should be able to navigate to the installation folder and look for the file called serialreg.txt. Open this file using Notepad, and copy the serial number there, before you start your installation. Then paste into the field when prompted to enter your serial number.

Failing all the above, you might still be able to persuade a Matrix representative to give you a serial number if they have some record that you bought the game directly from them. However, you may be out of luck if you claim that it was a retail version.

In any case, this sub-forum is NOT an official Matrix support forum, and your best avenue is to email support@matrixgames.com with a detailed description of your situation.

Good luck.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”