Newbie question

Battle of Britain II “Wings of Victory” re-creates the famous and desperate air battles over southern England in 1940 at both the strategic level of the Air Commander and that of the individual plane and pilot. Relive what Churchill called "their finest hour", join the fight in the Battle of Britain!
von Beanie

Newbie question

Post by von Beanie »

I'm one day into the campaign game and haven't read the manual carefully. My German recon unit(s) always wants to go to Tangmere airfield, but I'd rather focus on the radar stations. I can manually change them each turn, but this is getting tedious. Is there a simple way to get the recon units to choose appropriate targets of the type I want? Is there a way to prioritize the target types, and/or the items on a target list? Thanks.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
buddye

RE: Newbie question

Post by buddye »

Here is an answer from one of our beta testers at the BOBII Beta Forum.

If you do not want to manually manipulate raids, and wish to let the Directives handle all planning for you,
then you can switch this GUI setting from Historic to Optimum.

Config > Mission > Luftwaffe Tactics to Optimum.

What this does is have Directives assign missions to targets that make better tactical sense.
More attacks on airfields, less on convoys, etc.
Not sure where it will send recons, and likely will still be Tangmere until it is destroyed.
Tangmere? How silly. I want Hawkinge reconned first of all!

If you do not already have Optimum selected, you must start a new Campaign before you can use that setting.
Some settings cannot be changed once you start a new Campaign.

Quote:
Is there a way to prioritize the target types, and/or the items on a target list?

No. Another reason why I plan each and every mission manually tailored to my desires.
Not tedious for me, and is half of the fun. I am a wargamer more than a prop head.

--------------

You can tell him that is the only thing that may help.
When we better understand the Campaign code, I want the first recon mission to go to Hawkinge in Directives.
von Beanie

Post by von Beanie »

One problem I'm having with adjusting each raid I plan is the game crashes to the start screen at least once an hour when I'm adjusting the routes on the map. No error code is generated, I just lose everything and go back to the start screen. This only seems to happen when adjusting the bomber and fighter pathways. This happens although I never take the controls in a battle.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
buddye

Post by buddye »

Do you have a crashlog in the crashlog.txt file in your BOBII folder?

In simple terms explain your inputs so I can try and reproduce it on my PC?

Are you running 2.07 as that is our support system?

Return to “Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory”