National Will

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Airdrop01

National Will

Post by Airdrop01 »

Can someone tell me how this impacts the game/victory? I've read through the manual twice and can't seem to find it. However, it's possible I've missed the part talking about what it's impact on the game is (Basic/Intermediate/Advanced).

Thanks!!!!!
Ironclad

RE: National Will

Post by Ironclad »

National Will starts at 0 and during the game can vary between -12 and +12. NW is earned/lost through decisive battles, the capture of cities and the plundering of mansions and plantations.

The quality of each mustered/conscripted unit entering the game is adjusted by 0.1 for each NW point so this can increase or lower depending on whether the NW is positive or negative. Higher NW may result in extra population increases each April and lower (below -6) will decrease Governor attitude each turn. The NW total also gives 0.5 plus or minus victory points for each NW point so contributing towards the VP total needed to win the game.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”