Napoleon in Italy Is Updated

Step back to the age of Napoleon and travel in the footsteps of this military genius! Napoleon in Italy is a hex based strategy game that includes both the strategic level of movement and logistics combined with playable tactical battles.
Alex Fiedler

Napoleon in Italy Is Updated

Post by Alex Fiedler »

Battle lines are formed and ready with this new update

Matrix Games and Hussar Games (www.hussargames.com) are pleased to announce that a new update for Napoleon in Italy is now available. The new v1.05 update includes a number of balance changes to the Piedmont armies and campaign, fixes an AI general issue and tweaks the balance for readiness and cohesion regeneration. In addition, this update includes a new expanded campaign historical background guide.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said of the release, “Hussar has done it again with Napoleon in Italy, providing a fantastic strategy game that’s fun and easy to play. The latest update file will only serve to improve upon an already solid title for Napoleonics fans.”

Bulcsú Várhegyi of Hussar Games added, “Thanks to the team at Matrix Games and to the supporters we’ve met in the Napoleon in Italy community for their feedback and support. Hussar Games is always glad to support its titles, especially when they’ve been so well received and Napoleon in Italy is no exception.”

Lead the young Napoleon's French Army on his first campaign against the Austrians and Piedmontese in Northern Italy or try to stop Napoleon’s dedicated army and tactical brilliance with the mighty allied army of Austria. Experience a great interface and addicting gameplay in this realistically modeled game of Napoleonic combat.

Units and armies have various attributes like morale, experience, unit cohesion and supply to reflect the realities of historical operational combat in the Napoleonic era. Leaders are rated for Attack, Defense and Initiative as well as many special abilities designed to reflect the unique historical abilities of each commander. A realistic unit replacement system and historical siege and tactical battle rules bring the ultimate in turn-based gameplay set at the end of the 18th century.

Get more information on Napoleon in Italy from its official Matrix Games webpage. This update is comprehensive and will bring the version of the game up to 1.05.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=348

andyppage

RE: Napoleon in Italy Is Updated

Post by andyppage »

A welcome update I hope. It's taking a mighty long time to download the zip file though. Why would that be?

Running a less than two year old Dell that meets all requirements so should be no problem with it. 

Also, not sure what to do with a zip file - which button unpacks the files, where the files should be saved etc. Really appreciate advice on this point too.   

Cheers, Andy
Mowersben

Post by Mowersben »

downloaded very fast for me.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: andyppage
A welcome update I hope. It's taking a mighty long time to download the zip file though. Why would that be?

There's no lack of bandwidth on our end, so the issue must either be with your internet connection or with some connection between your system and our server.
Also, not sure what to do with a zip file - which button unpacks the files, where the files should be saved etc. Really appreciate advice on this point too. 

We zip all our updates because some security software won't let customers download executable files. As with all our updates, all you need to do is open the zip file and double-click on the executable installer inside. It will take care of the rest.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
andyppage

Post by andyppage »

Erik,
Thanks for the advice. It's STILL taking an age. I'm on cable. The download should be very fast. Could the download be sent me in an unzipped package(s)? My security sofware is System Mechanic 7 Pro. Windows XP that I have accepts zip files.

Regards,
Andy

Return to “Napoleon in Italy”