Access to move in Allied Country?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

jardail

Access to move in Allied Country?

Post by jardail »

Can't see a way to gain access to allied countries to move through them. What am I missing? I thought it was a given that if you're allied, you would want your ally to be able to land troops to assist you in the war effort.
JavaJoe

RE: Access to move in Allied Country?

Post by JavaJoe »

ORIGINAL: Leatherneck_MT

Can't see a way to gain access to allied countries to move through them. What am I missing? I thought it was a given that if you're allied, you would want your ally to be able to land troops to assist you in the war effort.

Your ally has to grant access. In the political window there are check marks to allow access. Now that mean you allow them to enter your land not to enter theirs...they have to do that.

They don't care what foreign troops are menacing their homes.

Your filthy so called allied men are stealing chickens and impregnating the goats! Ally?...you call yourself an ally...<spat> How dare you try to enter my country without my permission??? I would as soon surrender to the filth that occupies my land than to suffer the embarrassment of this!!!!

[:D]
Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com
jardail

Post by jardail »

Yeah kinda figured that was the problem, however there should at least be a way of ASKING the stupid spaniards if they will allow the idiot brits to come in and help them out
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

You actually can request it in the diplomacy phase. There is a request access button on the second page of the phase buttons in the lower left.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

jardail

Post by jardail »

whoops, missed that and also asked it of you in another thread.&nbsp; I'll look for it, thanks [:D]
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Good luck vacationing in Spain!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

jardail

Post by jardail »

Well.......
&nbsp;
The spaniards wanted me there...
&nbsp;
The French didn't.
&nbsp;
The French convinced me to leave [:(]
&nbsp;
lol thanks for pointing out where it was Marshall, overall I am extremely pleased with the game.&nbsp; Yeah there are some bugs in it, but right now the only thing that is truly missing is the smell of cigar smoke from my buddy I used to play with.&nbsp; Ya'll did an excellent job of recreating this thing for digital play.
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

You actually can request it in the diplomacy phase. There is a request access button on the second page of the phase buttons in the lower left.

An ally should for game enhancement also be able to give access. Just like you can lend corps.
Else Diplomacy order is messing up EIA(compatible) you cant do combined movement, cant ask ally to depot supply without lending. And if your diplomacy phase is before your allies, you cant get access during that month.
Seems buggy ? Could be improved by game enhancement.

Regards
Bresh
Ted1066

Post by Ted1066 »

Bresh,

Using the Request For Access button during your Diplomacy phase will tell you right away whether your ally will allow you access. You can also get access to MPs who are not your ally, though it is more difficult. In all the games I have played so far, I have not yet been denied access by a MP ally and I've only been denied access a couple of times by a non-allied MP.

Cheers,

Ted
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: Ted1066

Bresh,

Using the Request For Access button during your Diplomacy phase will tell you right away whether your ally will allow you access. You can also get access to MPs who are not your ally, though it is more difficult. In all the games I have played so far, I have not yet been denied access by a MP ally and I've only been denied access a couple of times by a non-allied MP.

Cheers,

Ted

Hi Ted.

You can only request and have chance of getting access from a non-allied MP if its AI-controlled.

If its with human players it works other way.
Example :
1.In PBM you can ally in JAN. But you wont be granted Access if your ally has his diplomacy-phase after you. (since he hasnt checked the box yet)

2.In PBM iF his diplomacy phase is before yours he can check the Allow access to his ally, and when you request later in your diplomacy phase, it is granted anyhow.

That means it your earliest access is 2 months after some alliances, in the 1.example access is granted March.
And in the 2. you get in Febuary.
To me that sounds a bad way.
Even worse when you consider, for now we do not have combined movement.

Adding a diplomacy action allow access to ally, just like you chose how to lend a corps to an ally could reduce the problem.

Regards
Bresh
zaquex

Post by zaquex »

What if u grant access in the setup phase?
An Elephant
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: zaquex

Ehm, you dont have any alliances during setup phase.

Though if you mean some phase during the same month as the diplomacy-phase, i guess they could mark the allow Access.

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Should access be automatic at the creation of an alliance?
Do we have&nbsp;a "cart and horse" scenario?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

zaquex

Post by zaquex »

ORIGINAL: bresh

Ehm, you dont have any alliances during setup phase.

Though if you mean some phase during the same month as the diplomacy-phase, i guess they could mark the allow Access.

Regards
Bresh

In most games (all ive played there is talks before the setup phase) if you agree with an alliance or for any other reason, as EiANW allows to give access to unallied powers you should be able to grant acces in the setup phase before the first Diplomacy phase...

Havent tried it but i suppose it should work.
Do we have a "cart and horse" scenario?

I can think of many scenarios where you would not like that idea, i would certainly prefere not to implement that and I think, at least, any GB player would agree.
An Elephant
bresh

Post by bresh »

In most games (all ive played there is talks before the setup phase) if you agree with an alliance or for any other reason, as EiANW allows to give access to unallied powers you should be able to grant acces in the setup phase before the first Diplomacy phase...

Havent tried it but i suppose it should work.

That option is not avaible for EIANW, only when you play with an AI, you can request access through a neutral country.
The box allow access is only avaible in the menus after you ally.
I know its not like EIA used to work, since you could allow access and still remain neutral.

Regards
Bresh
bresh

Post by bresh »

Do we have a "cart and horse" scenario?

For most i wouldnt mind, though im not experienced EIA player, so dont know.

Dont know if nations could be able to allow access while remain neutral, not sure how it worked in EIA ?

Regards
Bresh
zaquex

Post by zaquex »

Maybe allies should be possible to predeclare as war is
An Elephant
gwheelock

Post by gwheelock »

Maybe allies should be possible to predeclare as war is

Most would NOT want to do this - the reason for predelaring WAR is avoid losing pp's.
You want to GAIN pp's

Also; this would be hard to do - the war predeclare is imported thru the GAP program
at that point; you don't know WHO is WHO & probably do NOT want to telegraph all
of your negotiations to someone who may not playing the country you expect but instead
ends up playing the opponent

eg. I negotiate with "Joe". I expect to be playing Spain & for "Joe" to be France &
we work out how we are going to stomp the Brits... come bid time; "Joe" ends up
AS Britain - how long do you think my navy will survive?
Guy
Grimrod42

Post by Grimrod42 »

Do we have a "cart and horse" scenario?

Access should not be automatic. Access is granted in Eia on a per case basis. Meaning you say you want to send these corps in once you have let them in they can stay according to the stipulations set forth in the agreement.
So In EiANW I would suggest being allowed to cancel access, but your "trapped corps" be allowed to leave.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Gotchya! I'll leave this as is for now!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Return to “Tech Support”