How do you fight your battles?

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Gil R.

How do you fight your battles?

Post by Gil R. »

We at WCS are curious about how people settle their differences with the AI. So, which describes your style of play best?
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Sabotteur

RE: How do you fight your battles?

Post by Sabotteur »

I've noticed in the most recent game I'm playing, there is a huge difference in the outcome of the same battle if I reload and try a different method.

Detailed battles still give the best opportunity for the human player to win in any scenario. Other than issues where my entire army seems to break at the same time, it is far easiar to outflank the AI than it is to keep your fingers crossed watching a QB.

QB seem to favor the defense in almost every case that I've used them in my current game. I'm sure my difficulty level has alot to do with this.

IB as mentioned before is a toss up and seems to be random on mulitple reloads of the same fight, with the army with the greatest number of attached brigades getting a bonus. Reloading the exact same fight gets a different result almost every time. There is a general trend to the same side winning each time, but it isn't a fixed rule and the casualties vary greatly in each reload.

Keep in mind I'm playing at the Captain difficulty level.

Just my two cents....

Sabotteur

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”