AT Cover compared to PT1

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

maxfra

AT Cover compared to PT1

Post by maxfra »

In PT1 infantry was covered by armor units and could not be killed unless the armor covering them was destroyed. Is there an equivalent concept in AT?

Moreover in PT1 there were the Frontsize limitation. Is this changed in crowding in AT?

Thanks.

Max.
Twotribes

RE: AT Cover compared to PT1

Post by Twotribes »

I hope not, in fact in a none tank battle the Infantry SHOULD go before the tanks.

But from battles it appears losses are not protected in this manner. From what I can tell.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Vic

Post by Vic »

@maxfra,

no infantry is not protected by armour that way anymore and the frontsize limitation has reincarnated as a maximum hex stack (before penalties kick in)

kind regards,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
kram

Post by kram »

Hi Vic, halftrack have some cover or protection effect, as indicated in the card's description?
Thanks and bests regards.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I will need to reread that, what I got ( going from memory) is that halftracks are harder to kill by 4 then trucks and add recon. Didn't notice any thing about protecting frontline units. They also provide less land capacity movement in headquarters than trucks as I recall.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”