Question about modding TOAW III??

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Slayer_of_kings

Question about modding TOAW III??

Post by Slayer_of_kings »

Seems that no matter whatever graphics file I overwrite in employing the various mods I've been trying to use from gamesquad.com (jm_mods, Telu tiles), the game always reverts back to the default mod settings for the game's graphic screen display. For example, I will use a GJK mod for 'tiles_misc.bmp' and will rewrite the original as 'z_tiles_misc.bmp' but instead of the greyish terrain I will still get the green terrain. Same applies for roads and rivers as well. What am I doing wrong here?? I didn't have this problem on a previous computer. Is my computer set so as to invalidate mods?? (I bought it second-hand from a gaming store).
'Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.' - Plato
JAMiAM

RE: Question about modding TOAW III??

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: Slayer_of_kings

Seems that no matter whatever graphics file I overwrite in employing the various mods I've been trying to use from gamesquad.com (jm_mods, Telu tiles), the game always reverts back to the default mod settings for the game's graphic screen display. For example, I will use a GJK mod for 'tiles_misc.bmp' and will rewrite the original as 'z_tiles_misc.bmp' but instead of the greyish terrain I will still get the green terrain. Same applies for roads and rivers as well. What am I doing wrong here?? I didn't have this problem on a previous computer. Is my computer set so as to invalidate mods?? (I bought it second-hand from a gaming store).
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you state this (the bolded part). What you need to do is simply install your modded graphics files into the Altgraphics folder. The program will give priority to what is in that folder. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am. You're done.
Slayer_of_kings

RE: Question about modding TOAW III??

Post by Slayer_of_kings »

OK.. now I understand. I wasn't using the Alt Graphics folder for anything, I was leaving it empty and overwriting and saving the standing files in the graphics folder by using the prefix 'z-' and importing new replacement files. Now it seems to be working, didn't realize Alt had priority (nice design feature[:)]). Thanks JAMiAM!!

'Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.' - Plato

Return to “Scenario Design”