Bug(?): CTD after surface battle

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
GoodGuy

Bug(?): CTD after surface battle

Post by GoodGuy »

1) Surface battle, 4 IJN CA s + 7 DDs vs my 2 CAs + 5 DDs. While my CAs (that TG lost its carrier right before the battle) didn't hit much the IJN had a hit rate of like 60%. When the battle started, I paused the game and hit "Run 5" each time i moved closer, in order to avoid that I miss the opportunity to change targets (when parts of a surface battle mix with parts of an air strike) by doing some hasty left-clicks, which happened a few times in other surface battles.

When the battle was over, all of my ships were sunk, but my sore eyes made me think i'd still have one DD as one "sunk" mark seemed to be partially obstructed by smoke coming from this damaged DD, so I clicked "Run 5" again, which resulted in a short freeze, then the game just CTD.

2) The crash report tool came up, I entered a short version of the lil story above, but, since I forgot to go online, the tool just disappeared with my text entering Nirvana. The tool should have a check routine to look for an active internet connection.
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
CJMello63

RE: Bug(?): CTD after surface battle

Post by CJMello63 »

They get the file, give em a bit to go over it.
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

ORIGINAL: CJMello63

They get the file, give em a bit to go over it.

My computer was not connected to the net when I hit "send", that's why I suggested a check routine. I was a bit too trigger-happy and forgot to check the connection status in the system tray, see? I think my initial post covered that, unless my german brain failed to explain it properly.
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

Ya, I must have skipped the last paragraph.

Return to “Carriers at War Support”