Mod wish lists

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding
evilferretvictim

Mod wish lists

Post by evilferretvictim »

I can't think of them all right now, too tired from playing :) I'm trying to limit the list to the *easier* mods for right now, without the need to add new textures in and such. Feel free to add on.

The ability to reserve APs for aimed/snap and burst shots~ Would be nice if you could reserve to kneel as well.

The ability to build anything in bases other than your main~

The ability to pick between movement and primary weapon with the click of the right mouse~ Also hotkeys to pick your soldiers via "1,2,3..ect".

DrAtomic

RE: Mod wish lists

Post by DrAtomic »

Pick up the Sage mod it has those (it's more a patch then a mod to be honest) or download your wishes from: http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1661 (AP reserve mod is in the works)
PhoenixD

Post by PhoenixD »

Actually it doesn't have most of those. :P No reserve AP yet, no building in other weapons, just the keyboard hotkeys.
DrAtomic

Post by DrAtomic »

eerrrr oops i think i've played too much cause re-reading what he asked for is something totally different from what i had in mind and was replying to... I blame the hallucinoids... Anyways.... Esperanza calls!
valiant

Post by valiant »

Also,   in the original,  when you do a snap shot and alien does not fall just click on him again to do another snap shot (or whatever shot your using). In this game you must scroll the screen around find you alien again AND click on your rifle again. Maybe somebody could work on that [:D] 
slider15

Post by slider15 »

It gives the ability to build any base structure in the other bases? If it does Sweet!
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
dbt1949_slith

Post by dbt1949_slith »

This may see m like a silly request but..........I'm having a hard time telling the dates using the European dating method. Perhaps a small mod to change it to "American" or at least spell out the months.

Thanks!
Ye Olde Farte
Decepticons

Post by Decepticons »

I'd like to see a mod where shooting down an alien craft over land doesn't always create a crash site (ie alien craft is destroyed, as it is when you shoot it down over water).

One user had suggested a reward sytem for various things (shooting down craft, recovery missions, etc). I'd love to see that as well.

Two more (as I play on my laptop here at work, instead of working).

Front/Back/Side armor, especially for armored vehicles.

Better sight range for armored vehicles, especially later models. Look at that cute little radar on top of my cannon tank...shouldn't it allow for a better sight range?
valiant

Post by valiant »

ORIGINAL: dbt1949

This may see m like a silly request but..........I'm having a hard time telling the dates using the European dating method. Perhaps a small mod to change it to "American" or at least spell out the months.

Thanks!
Not silly, gets me confused every time
JHAYES3489

Post by JHAYES3489 »

Same here.... it's confusing. I just save before I retire for the night with a (Resume Here) by the Description. I like to save just after landing on a big crashed ship or base, that way I know that when I go back, I've got a job to do
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Any way to get a time trigger for reseach ?

I am totally screwed with the capture a Vipon Commander, I just don't get any of them, and when I do, there is no Commander with them (I have seen one in the whole game and I didn't have a room built for him)

so I am pretty much in my 2nd year of the game and still can't find the first Commander

(now, the odds are I have gotten them, but in some of the battles, I got walls of flame and posion all around and they just march into it with out me knowing or seeing them)

DrAtomic

Post by DrAtomic »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Any way to get a time trigger for reseach ?

I am totally screwed with the capture a Vipon Commander, I just don't get any of them, and when I do, there is no Commander with them (I have seen one in the whole game and I didn't have a room built for him)

so I am pretty much in my 2nd year of the game and still can't find the first Commander

(now, the odds are I have gotten them, but in some of the battles, I got walls of flame and posion all around and they just march into it with out me knowing or seeing them)

Try Bman's mod, it has a golden border around the alien icon in the right hand of your screen, I was in the same situation as you (also due to being color deaf) and have no issues at all with it anymmore: http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/fo ... php?t=1691
jsallison

Post by jsallison »

Ability to shoot over other troop's heads when they kneel by troops standing behind them.

Universal fuze that fits all grenades, goes off on contact (default) can be programmed for delay or proximity blast

Allow carry of grenade in one hand while holding two-handed weapon in other hand.  Reduce accuracy if firing two-handed weapon one-handed.
JHAYES3489

RE: Mod wish lists (STRIP ALL)

Post by JHAYES3489 »

A BUTTON ON THE SOLDIER SCREEN TO "STRIP ALL" TO MAKE OUTFITTING A SOLDIER/RECRUIT LESS TIME CONSUMING AND MONOTONOUS.

WE'VE TALKED ABOUT IT IN THE TANK BANK THREAD AND IT SEEMS TO BE A WELL RECEIVED IDEA.

THANKS MODDERS [&o]
PDiFolco

RE: Mod wish lists (STRIP ALL)

Post by PDiFolco »

Bah it looks very minor to me... PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL AT US ! [:'(]
PDF
Traveler

Post by Traveler »

Mods I'd like:  scanners, cheap survailence UAVs, more tactical maps

Return to “Mods and Tweaks”