Surrender Terms-Shifty Allies.

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

sean82uk

Surrender Terms-Shifty Allies.

Post by sean82uk »

As the Prussians I was in a alliance with Spain against Britain, Britain surrendered so I made the Surrender Treaty..
Principally I wanted Hanover, imagine my surprise when it reverts to Spain! Obviously Spain put a clause for it in their own treaty.

My point is this…
If more then one country wants the same Territory in their treaties, how does the Computer decide?
How did Spain override my justifiable claim for Hanover.

Secondly..
What happens to the Victory Points, was the sizable Victory Points I spent on Hanover just lost?
I’ve noted this with other Surrender terms in regards to payment, which the defeated nation simply doesn’t have!

Thirdly..
Is there a way to stop this happening; to come to a agreement perhaps with a allied nation beforehand, for when you finally come to share out the spoils of war.
I fear not but there is so many treaty clauses.
Ironclad

RE: Surrender Terms-Shifty Allies.

Post by Ironclad »

A surrender treaty is a solo effort with the defeated power - if you try and include a computer ally you just give them a chance to veto the whole deal. There is nothing to stop you later exchanging or giving something acquired to an ally but that would be under a separate treaty with the ally.

Barring a patch fix, we are stuck with sometimes losing surrender treaty provinces to another competing surrender treaty power without compensation. I don't know how the computer decides on who gains.

When a surrendered power (or indeed a power under a non-surrender treaty) fails any agreed monthly reparations payments glory penalties do apply. I think so anyway unlike the case when the computer opponent defaults on one off payments. I am a bit sketchy on this so perhaps someone else would confirm the position?
AvalonHillfan

RE: Surrender Terms-Shifty Allies.

Post by AvalonHillfan »

I'm fine with another country getting first pick of nations. What I hate is when I sign a treaty and another nation gets the provinces I got in my treaty. That has to be fixed.

Return to “Crown of Glory”