Reducing build times of upgrades

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Svullo

Reducing build times of upgrades

Post by Svullo »

Is there any way to reduce the time it takes to build province upgrades like infrastructure and barracks? I know that you can reduce the number of turns it takes to build military units by editing the relevan value in the "master.txt" file in the data folder. But can you also reduce the number of turns needed to build a province upgrade somehow? Basically, i can't stand the extremely long time it takes to build up a province with upgrades. I want to reduce it so it only takes 1 turn for each level of upgrade. Is this possible? Thanks.
AvalonHillfan

RE: Reducing build times of upgrades

Post by AvalonHillfan »

this would be nice (though ahistorical), making a massively cultured Russia or Turkey or Spain possible.
alaric318

RE: alternate solution...

Post by alaric318 »

greetings, i do not know how /data folder files ruled upgrades, however you can mod food province imput and money trough mod euprov.txt, warning, i only try with these two fields, money and food and to max 30 and 16 respectively, make sure to backup previously any modification, in my case i give major nations an "industrial priority", food increase in effect offset recruited troops and draft pool, and so on, with more population you can assign more to development and it is more effective than in provinces with 1 to 3 population that have problems with upgrade build times. well, in euprov.txt the sixth column is for money income and 5 more on is food income, my final adjust is as follow for my personal mod...

France... Money... 30 Food... 16
England... Money... 30 Food... 16
Russia... Money... 25 Food... 14
Austria... Money... 25 Food... 14
Prussia... Money 25 Food... 14
Spain... Money... 20 Food... 12
Turkey... Money... 20 Food... 12
Sweden... Money... 30 Food... 16
not tried other fields or higher values, i give an example of my modded file...

Attachments
euprov.gif
euprov.gif (119.89 KiB) Viewed 93 times
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Svullo

Post by Svullo »

I'm definitely on to something here. I tried messing around with the players2.txt file, and i changed all the values to 999, thinking that at least one of them must control the speed at which developments are built. When i started the game, i found that a wall upgrade took 20 turns to build with maximum labour allocated to development, instead of the usual 2 turns. Oddly, the higher you set one of those values, the slower it gets. I'm going to keep messing around until i can narrow it down to one specific value. I think i've found the solution. This is going to rule, once i figure out how to make all buildings only take 1 turn to build :)
Svullo

Post by Svullo »

Ok, i've managed to make it so it only takes 1 turn to build an upgrade (finally). I simply reduced all the values that i had previously set to 999, to 1. Now it works. I managed to build a level 9 wall in just 1 turn. Now i just have to narrow it down to which specific value it was. This is the hard part , so it's going to take a while since i'll have to change one value, and then start the game and test it, and then go back and change another value and change the first one back if it doesn't work, and so on. Which is a real pain! :(
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

In COG development build times in a province can be speeded up and/or delays avoided by increasing labour assigned to developments (above the standard 20% norm), reducing your feudal level and ensuring that your level of roads is no less than the level of the development being built.

Return to “Crown of Glory”