Why if I bought COI do I need CC3 CD?

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding.
Remise_slith

Why if I bought COI do I need CC3 CD?

Post by Remise_slith »

My pard and I had no problem playing Cross of Iron, the Western Front mod, or the Ardennes mod. Then we started playing the Barbarossa mod, which we think is great. After successfully completing the first operation, I (as the host) am told I need the CC3 CD.

What? Why do I need this? And why now? I am sure I have it around here somewhere, but this doesn't seem right.

Thanks to anybody who can explain this.

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Pennsylvania Reserves
Beeblebrox

RE: Why if I bought COI do I need CC3 CD?

Post by Beeblebrox »

You do not need the CC3 CD to play CoI.  If it asks for the CD, then you are missing a file or files from your installation.  After you get the message asking for the CD, there may be another dialog telling you what file is missing.
Remise_slith

Post by Remise_slith »

Thanks for your speedy response.

I know that -- in theory -- I don't need the CD. And we have played dozens of times across the spectrum of COI, West Front, and Ardennes, plus as noted we got through the first op of Barbarosa.

Be that as it may, I was still told I needed the CD, even after rebooting COI. Where I work, we call this a bug, and perhaps the developers will, if not respond (which I don't necessarily expect, as I am sure they are very busy), at least note this report. I did not see anything relating to additional files, but I will save my game file elsewhere, and then reinstall COI and possibly Barbarossa as well, and see if that produces a positive result.

I think the game was just mad because the Russians held off the Wehrmacht.

B.C. Milligan
Randall Grubb

Post by Randall Grubb »

The Barbarosa mod plugin only contains the maps for the first operation. Did you also download the Map Pack and extract it to your Maps folder?
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Remise_slith

Post by Remise_slith »

Thanks. I did that the first time, but I just reinstalled the maps, and -- although I haven't tested it versus my opponent yet -- it appears this time it will work.

B.C. Milligan
Randall Grubb

Post by Randall Grubb »

That's good. The "insert CD" error usually occurs when the game can't find a file in the game folders. Missing maps are generally the cause.

One further error that some first time users have is to just put the maps zip file into the Maps folder without extracting it, or to extract the maps to individual folders within the Maps folders. That is not too common anymore where the maps are in one big zip file, but happend quite often a few years ago when DL speeds were low and maps were offered as single map zip files. One would spend an entire night downloading 30 or 40 individual zip files and sometimes accidently extract them to a seperate folder. Including me!
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Indeed it is not a bug.

It is merely the requirement that the maps be installed.
ImageImage
dutch08

Post by dutch08 »

I get this error after unistalling the West Front Mod.

I can play the standard campaigns, but the new CoI campaign save game (after first mission) gives me this error and boots me out of the game.

Return to “Cross of Iron Modding”