ProcessGuard & Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs"

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
jukofyork

ProcessGuard & Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs"

Post by jukofyork »

Just ran into a problem with my multiple monitor system: with both monitors active then CC:COI comes up with the message "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (where I assume DC = Device Context) and exits on startup.

Anyway, very easy to fix by just temporarily disabling the second monitor, but I thought I should post the problem and solution incase anybody else has a dual monitor system and gets the same message.

Juk :)
jukofyork

RE: Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs"

Post by jukofyork »

ORIGINAL: jukofyork

Just ran into a problem with my multiple monitor system: with both monitors active then CC:COI comes up with the message "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (where I assume DC = Device Context) and exits on startup.

Anyway, very easy to fix by just temporarily disabling the second monitor, but I thought I should post the problem and solution incase anybody else has a dual monitor system and gets the same message.
Please ignore this! It turns out that it's not the multiple monitors thats the root cause of the problem; it's because I'm running some anti-spyware sofware called "ProcessGuard". As soon as I turned off ProcessGuard then everything worked fine (and it's working fine in 1600x1200 = WOW!!!!).

Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Can you take a photo of a dual screen set up?
ImageImage
jukofyork

Post by jukofyork »

ORIGINAL: schrecken

Can you take a photo of a dual screen set up?
Close combat doesn't span over both screens if that's what you're thinking? :)

It just displays on th main monitor and the 2nd monitor stays as it is.

Beeblebrox

Post by Beeblebrox »

Thank you for the feedback jukofyork.  Looks like you are our twin monitor dude now [;)]

We haven't found an upper limit for the display yet.  Several reports of 1600x1200 running ok.  Anyone successfully run it higher than that?

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”